We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning cabs

NJ
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
Early morning cabs

Hi everyone,

Is it easy to get a cab early in the morning, like 5:15am early, on Cromwell Road? I have to be at the Eurostar for my Paris day trip by 6am. I won't be awake enough to deal with public transportation. Haha

Will I be able to walk out of my hotel and just hail a cab or should I use something like the Gett app to schedule one? I did get a push notification from that app with a coupon code for 20 pounds off first ride, so it might be worth it just for that. And I like the idea of just paying with my CC.

Opinions? Other helpful suggestions?

TIA

Christina

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning cabs

Cromwell Road is a major thoroughfare and I would be surprised if you had to wait more than five minutes for a cab even at that time of the morning but to be safe you could book the night before through an app you can download from the TFL website or by calling one of the numbers attached -

tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/cabwise

tfl.gov.uk/modes/…book-a-taxi

NJ
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning cabs

Thanks for the links!

NJ
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning cabs

Is the Gett app not reputable/ reliable?

Would love to save a few bucks on the cab with the coupon code? Then maybe I'd splurge on a ride back afterwards too... If not it's back to the tube for me.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning cabs

Never heard of Gett. From their website, it looks one of several new companies offering this sort of thing that have sprung up recently.

Not sure if a £15-£20 journey will entitle you to a free ride with a £20 coupon. Maybe someone else on here knows how that works.

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning cabs

My experience with another company that gave credits is that you can use the credit on one journey, usually the first if you're a new user, if it's under £20 you pay nothing but you also "lose" the remainder of the credit; if above you pay the difference. Believe it's the same with Gett, gettaxi.co.uk/too-hot-to-trot-so-have-20-off/

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning cabs

The get taxi coupon is fine to use and would easily cover the fare to Eurostar, otherwise plenty of cabs coming in on Cromwell rd in the morning

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early morning cabs

Is Gett the same as Gettaxi? If so then they are pretty good. No harm in having the app anyway.

NJ
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Early morning cabs

Thanks for the feedback. I don't care if I lose the rest of the 20 credit... It's the only cab ride I plan on taking. :)

9. Re: Early morning cabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:16