We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckingham Palace Tour

Oshawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buckingham Palace Tour

Hello, just looking on booking this tour for tomorrow and I was hoping to get opinions on whether the state room tour is enough or we should do the royal day out?

How long would the state room tour alone be?

Thanks so much

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham Palace Tour

We were there on Sunday and spent about 2 hours there. I felt it was enough. Especially enjoyed the picture gallery. Some very impressive paintings.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham Palace Tour

The tour of the State Rooms takes about an hour, but there is security clearance at the beginning and the long walk out through the gardens at the end.

Look at the Queen's Gallery royalcollection.org.uk/visit/the-queens-gall… and the Royal Mews www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit/royalmews to see if they interest you. If not, then just do the State Rooms.

Oshawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham Palace Tour

Thanks everyone, just going to do the state rooms.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham Palace Tour

Took the state room tour 2 days ago, really took my time looking around and was not hurried and I took me about 1 1/2. But factor into account how long it takes to wait to collect tickets and then stand and wait to get through security for your alloted time slot into the palace. This took around an hour to do all the collecting/standing waiting etc.

If you can book early in the morning that way the crowds are a bit lighter and you will be able to see more, and perhaps not have visitors who barge their way to the front as the 'q's get bigger and they are so impatient......

5. Re: Buckingham Palace Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:16