We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London pass

Long Beach...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London pass

Is the London pass worth it?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,356 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London pass

For the great majority of travellers, no. It does not provide *free* admission, but instead pre-paid admissions. It does not take into account the great number of free sights and attractions in London. The travel option may be poor value as well.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k769001… If you will be a solo traveller there are other options; if you will travel with friends or family members the two for one offers may be much better value.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 05:34
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London pass

After purchasing the London Pass, I would not recommend it for people who are staying more than a couple of days.

The London Pass has a day validity on it from when you first use it, so if you purchase a two day pass, as soon as you use it for one attraction, you must use it for that day and the next. This forces you to run around the city seeing as many attractions as possible to get your moneys worth.

The "guidebook" lists many free attractions but does not state which ones are free vs paid so you could waste your time seeing free attractions and not make the most of the pass.

It also doesn't include major attractions like Buckingham Palace, the Eye, the Shard and St Pauls.Cathedral.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London pass

Imo -no

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London pass

NO!!!!!! We bought two London Passes via email for our planned trip to London in September 2014. Paid extra for "money back guarantee", just in case, since we both have very elderly mothers and one never knows. Sure enough, Mother in law became very ill about two weeks before departure (I'm sad to say she passed away shortly thereafter) and we had to cancel our trip. Per instructions from London Pass, we returned the passes via mail to London, at a cost in excess of US$50 I might add after paying for postage, insurance, etc.. Then, they proceeded to ignore us. No response to emails or phone messages, and of course, no refund. Only when we got the CC company involved and initiated charge back proceedings did they finally relent and issue a credit (short-changing us a couple of dollars I might add, but by that point I just decided to end the dispute). Obviously, these are the kind of people who like to TAKE but have a hard ime giving back. Rest assured, when we finally are able to visit London, we will hitch hike before we consider doing business with London Pass again!

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London pass

" we will hitch hike before we consider doing business with London Pass again!"

Well you certainly won't have to do that.:-) Take advantage of the 2 for 1 offers when you come next time:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c195600/Lon…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c133479/Lon…

Edited: 06 December 2014, 09:49
6. Re: London pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2015, 05:16