We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

Planning a trip with my parents (both 60+) -- first family vacation to Europe -- and looking for a decent place to stay with a really good breakfast as a must. I'd also like a place -- in a perfect world -- located in a safe neighborhood or at least a not-shady area.

Budget is around 155 pounds per night. Doing the tourist-y type things in London.

Check-in September 16, check-out September 21.

Been lurking around the reviews but am having a hard time narrowing down places according to food quality. Been all over tripadvisor as well as other B&B websites but am feeling more lost than when I started.

I've looked at Jesmond and put in a reservation request to see if they're available. Any other recommendations?

Many thanks to you travel veterans! This is the first trip I've ever planned on my own -- very nervous!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

The areas around the Jesmond (Bloomsbury & Kings Cross) are decent choices for getting around London so if you think the neighbourhood and style of hotel is for you then also have a look at The Morgan or The Celtic, both located near the British Museum.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

I can't imagine choosing a hotel based on their breakfasts. If you are that fussed, pick one without a breakfast and find a decent cafe.

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

That sounds even more confusing since I'd have to search for two places and then calculate how much breakfast would cost in addition to the hotel rates. But if push comes to shove that's a route I could take.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

Connie,

Where are you from and what sort of breakfast are you expecting from a B&B? For instance if you are from the US then don't expect pancakes or french toast but cereal and juice followed by a plated hot breakfast consisting of sausage, bacon, egg (usually fried or scrambled), tomato, baked beans and possibly mushrooms plus toast.

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

YES! Hot plated breakfast with sausage/bacon/mushrooms and all that good stuff.

I've been surfing through hotel descriptions that say they have "free breakfast" only to find out it's some continental breakfast with not very much food at all.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

"...all that good stuff."

Glad I'm' not your doctor!!

The Morgan definitely has includes a full English in their rate as does The Celtic.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

The Howard Winchester also has an included full English breakfast. Many of the small hotels and B&Bs in the Bloomsbury and Kings Cross area do. (The best included breakfast I've had for a long time was at the Ibis Styles, but that was in Docklands so I wouldn't recommend it for a first time visitor). I think you should consider Premier Inns too. Although the breakfast is not included, they are around £8 for the full English (plus free use of the buffet), so it's really not that difficult to work out.

By the way, I'm over 60 and don't see it as an issue:-)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

I assume that is for a triple room.

Consider:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d210066…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d214653…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d262457…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d273193…

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

Thank you thank you! These are great leads. I will share with my parents and see what they prefer.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best English breakfast for hotel with 60+ Parents

Premier Inns do not allow 3 adults in a room (again, I am assuming that is your plan).