We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

New York City
Level Contributor
302 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

Traveling with 4 young children end of the month. I think i've narrowed it down to these two. I realize they are quite different. I was also considering Langham and Four Seasons but had to narrow down. Langham I figured (based on reading on TA) is really not as nice and doesn't compare to the top hotels. FS I guess is just going to be more standard FS style and not as "British".

Between the Corinthia and Milestone I am guessing the Corinthia has the better location while the Milestone may have the more "British" and memorable appeal?

I'm open to opinions and thoughts. (or if there is another property that might outdo these, I'm happy to look into that)

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

Id go for the Corinthia, location location location. London itself will be British and memorable enough, the hotel is just somewhere to sleep :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

I would choose the Corinthia based not only on hotel quality but also with consideration of transport. The Milestone is a solid five minute walk from High Street Kensington station (or a 10 minute bus ride to Notting Hill Gate station), but the Circle and District lines from High Street Ken may not be as useful for travelling to sights as one might wish. There are plenty of buses along Kensington Gore, but traffic can be a bear there as well.

The Corinthia is extremely well situated for walking to and from some sights, with masses of buses to and from Trafalgar Square and along Whitehall as well.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

Corinthia. No question about it. Depending how much walking you are prepared to do most of the main tourist attractions in London are accessible from there by foot.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

Location wise, the Corinthia. But, I'd not pay their rate and children are adaptable.

New York City
Level Contributor
302 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

Makes it so easy when everyone is in agreement. :)

Corinthia it is.

Location is indeed important, and yes we are fine walking long distances, after all, thats the best way to see the city. I guess the Corinthia is in a great location and of high quality (will try for a room with river view).

The plan is for 3-4 nights there and then 3-4 nights at a Chewton Glen Treehouse.

6. Re: 5* Hotels: Corinthia or Milestone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 07:16