We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

Al Khobar, Saudi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

Hi,

Me & Wife planning for a visit to London & Scotland in the first week of Feb 2015...would it be mostly rainy or snowy during that period there? ... and I do love low temperatures...

We are planning for a 10 days trip ( 5 days in London & 5 days in Scotland )

In London - we are planning to visit few attractions ( in and around the City ), which we are still finalizing....

In Scotland - could you please let me know the best places / attractions to visit in Edinburgh and Glasgow during February. Or the ones I should not miss...

Mainly out door attractions ...am not that much into Museums and art....

I will be using the public transportation ( train / bus ) mainly during my trip....

Hoping to get few tips from you so that I can go ahead and do some more research, for finalizing the trip.

Thanks in advance for your comments and tips...

Have a nice day!!!

Bobby

Edited: 08 August 2014, 08:40
London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

accuweather.com/en/…

Apparently it didn't actually snow in Glasgow last February, was cold and very rainy though :)

Generally it will be cold and wet across the UK, it could snow but don't count on it. Now I have said it, it will probably be hot and sunny for some reason...

That website is good for looking at the weather in past months, will give you a rough idea of the weather based on previous years.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

We were underwater last February. It seems like it rained almost everyday. It was cool but not super cold.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

The other thing to remember is that daylight hours are short in February - limiting outdoor activities

Al Khobar, Saudi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

Thanks for the tips..well noted..

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

I'm not sure why you've posted all of this in the London forum. Edinburgh is about 330 miles from London, Glasgow, about 350. That is about as far from London as Basra and Dubai are from Al Khobar. London is actually closer to the capital cities of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, and Ireland than it is to the capital city of Scotland. Edinburgh and Glasgow have their own forums, where people will be better placed to advise you than we are here.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

Take a look at http://www.visitscotland.com for some ideas.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

Scotland forum: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186485-i107-Sco…

Edinburgh forum: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186525-i108-Edi…

Glasgow forum: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186534-i211-Gla…

8. Re: Visiting London & Scotland in Febraury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17