We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
19 posts
290 reviews
Save Topic
Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Just a short followup to a question I posted a while back:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k74984…

I plan to attend either the Tottenham (vs WBA) or QPR (vs Stoke) match on Saturday, 20 Sep. Either match will start at 3 PM (1500). I'm not sure where to go after the match at approximately 5 PM. I want to make sure I do not waste my time in London. I was considering leaving immediately after the match via cab (or Uber) to grab a pre-theatre dinner (with reservations) near Queen's Theatre before going to the 7:30 PM showing of Les Miserables.

Is this a bad idea? Am I not leaving enough time between the match and the dinner - and between the dinner and the theatre? I'm assuming it may be difficult for me to get from Tottenham to the Queen's Theatre in an adequate amount of time, but it seems like Loftus Road to the area around Queen's Theatre may be possible in 30 minutes? Is it difficult to hail a cab (or get UberX) outside of Loftus Road or White Hart Lane immediately after a match?

Or are there any other attractions I can visit on a Saturday night, keeping in mind I'm not much into the bar/pub scene...

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

You don't have time to do much (anything, really) between the match and the theatre.

OK, match finishes around 5.00 p.m. By the time you're at the station and on a tube/train - I don't think a cab would be much quicker on match day - it will be around 5.30 p.m. Assume 30-45 minutes train journey and walking to/from platforms to entrances. Its now 6.15 p.m. and you should really be at the theatre 15 minutes before curtain up.

Better find some 'fast food' if you want to eat before the performance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

On a good (non-match) day, I would reckon on an hour to get from White Hart Lane railway station to the West End (via the Victoria Line from Seven Sisters). Road travel would take longer and on a match day, I dread to think what the traffic would be like. So getting from White Hart Lane for a 7.30 show is just about doable, but you wouldn't have any time for a leisurely dinner.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Sounds like a recipe for severe indigestion to me. You may be trying to achieve too much in a single afternoon/evening. Far better to grab a sandwich and a coffee before the play, bearing in mind that the match and the play are the main events, not the food (which is simply an in betweener).

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,996 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Getting from Loftus Road to central London will be easier than White Hart Lane. Central line to Oxford Circus or Tottenham Court Road in about 20 minutes then a short walk through Soho to reach the theatre and more restaurants than in the state of Washington within walking distance. The hardest part will be getting onto the tube.

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Washington
Tyne and Wear, UK
Liverpool
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Plenty of time from Loftus Road. Kick-off is 1245.

lancs
Level Contributor
284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

The spurs game may move to sunday if they win their europa league game,s, so wont know till final whistle on august 28th

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Don't use Uber. They are not as regulated as other taxies orminicabs.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,999 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

Best you dine after the show in here.

www.kettners.com/

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
19 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

I could have sworn the match was scheduled for 15:00 (3 PM), but the schedule must have changed recently. If I go to Loftus Road, then I should have plenty of time for pre-dinner theatre and Les Miserables. Thanks for notifying me of this change! Again, thanks for all the ideas.

10. Re: Loftus Road/White Hart Lane to pretheatre dinner to Les Mis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17