We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first draft

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
first draft

We are back in London next week and as many of you know, this is one of the many we have already made. This is the first draft of our itinerary, on which I would appreciate as many comments as you wish to make. Some days are quite "loaded" and others are more "bearable", I think; this might give us options to move things. Any thoughts?

Thursday (arrival at Stansted at 18:05)

It depends on the time we check in at the hotel, we might go out for a walk.

Friday

First thing is Liverpool St. to pick up pone of my girls' Oyster card.

Westminster.

WESTMINSTER CATHEDRAL

SAATCHI GALLERY

ROYAL CHELSEA HOSPITAL

EMBANKMENT to Westminster.

Saturday

PORTOBELLO

KYOTO GARDENS

Serpentine's Gallery

Albert Memorial / Royal Albert Hall

Bus 10 to Marble Arch/Selfridges/Oxford Circus (shopping)

Sunday

IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM

Sunday Roast.

Shad Thames y Katherine's Docks/Torre.

Walk along Southbank to cross Millenium Bridge for ONE NEW CHANGE ROOF TERRACE

Monday

WINDSOR and ETON

Tuesday

BRITISH LIBRARY

WELLCOME COLLECTION or PETRIE MUSEUM or GRANT MUSEUM

NEW LONDON ARCHITECTURE

...and walk to Oxford Circus...Regent Street...Carnaby...

Wednesday

KENWOOD HOUSE

FREE FOR.........

Thursday (Departure from Stansted at 13:45)

Gracias!!!!!

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first draft

bump

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first draft

It all sounds rather busy. Especially the first two days.

You seem to be spending a lot of time shopping. What are you shopping for? Be aware that many Londoners are not that keen on Oxford Street - it is very. very busy and mostly chain shops.

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
400 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first draft

Yes, it does look a bit packed. One thing, on Sunday, you have "Shad Thames y Katherine's Docks/Torre" and then crossing the millennium bridge. St. Katherine docks are on the north side of the river near Tower Bridge.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,983 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first draft

Actually this looks more than doable depending on how much time you and the girls actually intend to shop as opposed to wandering and looking!

You have placed things in geographical areas and they follow a sensible route although I am not sure how long the Serpentine Gallery will detain you for. Maybe wander over for a break and/or drink at The Diana Memorial fountain which has a pleasant cafe almost next door on the banks of the lake. From there you could walk to Marble Arch in 20 minutes.

I too would forget about St Katharine's Dock and stick to the South Bank. Enjoy!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first draft

Did you plan to take a tour of Chelsea Royal Hospital? The tours are at 10.00 and 13.30 and take around 90 minutes.

I too would omit Oxford Street and so forth. Better to visit Zara and Mango closer to home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first draft

For your Sunday roast, have a look at the Hawksmoor Seven Dials. Good quality, set price. Highly rated, but you have to book ahead for a table as they're so popular.

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first draft

Thanks for your replies. Shopping is not the main target of the trip at all; it's more wandering and staying outside if the weather is good as our last visits were in winter.

I would stick to the South Bank then and cross the bridge for the terrace (only the terrace, no shopping is/was intended there)

"I am not sure how long the Serpentine Gallery will detain you for"...do you mean too long or too short? I may skip it...

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first draft

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with Shad Thames or St Katharine's Dock for lunch ( if that's what you meant), especially if the weather's good as there's lots of outdoor seating. The only thing is it's not really on the way from IWM to One New Change so you might be better finding somewhere nearer St Paul's. It depends what you mean to do in the area.

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first draft

The idea was to take a bus from IWM (bus 188 I think...have to recheck) and find a place for lunch (there's always The Liberty Bounds, which we like a lot) and then have a walk along the South Bank (our favorite) to the Millenium Bridge for the views from the Terrace. Maybe Sunday Organ Recital at 4:45 at St Paul's.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 17:05
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,983 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first draft

"I am not sure how long the Serpentine Gallery will detain you for"...do you mean too long or too short? I may skip it...

I was thinking the art on display might not be of interest to most especially the youngsters.