We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

nantwich
Level Contributor
623 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

OK, I usually manage a couple of three or four day trips to London every year, but right now I can only manage a single day, thanks to being out of work... but what the heck, I got a day, that's something, right?

So, September 25th it is... I'm coming to see the sea of ceramic poppies at the Tower Of London... my Grandad was an MBE thanks to his 50 years of work at the Royal British Legion... but that'll only take an hour or so... I'm hoping to get back in the habit of regular London visits, but until then, is there anything else going on in September that I might not see at any other time?

Yes, I know, it's not giving you lot much to go on, sorry, but I'm a pretty broad-minded fella... ANY ideas are welcome! Seriously, anything... ;o)

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.15*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.27*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.56*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.56*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

A few ideas here - http://totallythames.org/

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

www.mallgalleries.org.uk/index.php…

Amazing annual exhibition of artists who paint miniatures. First building on the right as you walk up the Mall.

Whoops. 25 October. Wrong date

Edited: 14 August 2014, 22:46
nantwich
Level Contributor
623 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

Adam, some terrific ideas there, thanks!

But just in case anyone has any more...? ;o)

4. Re: September 25th... one day visit... what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 07:16