We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi tour for tomorrow

South Africa
4 posts
Save Topic
Taxi tour for tomorrow

We have only one day left in London and I had reserved tomorrow, Saturday for touring around London highlights. Unfortunately, the person who was supposed to take us couldn't anymore due to some circumstances beyond their control. I still want to tour around London tomorrow as I already told my kids that's what we're doing on Saturday. I have emailed all the taxi tour drivers and hasn't gotten any responds back and I'm beginning to think that it's too late to get a taxi for tomorrow. Anyone has any suggestions. Don't care what time tomorrow as long as it's tomorrow.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi tour for tomorrow

A very expensive way to get around all the tourist sights, why wouldn't you use the 'Hop on Hop off Bus' if you don't want to use the Number 11 bus with a Zone 1 - 2 ticket. Children, I imagine would much rather sit up on top deck bus to see sights than from inside a taxi.

http://eng.bigbustours.com/london/home.html

California
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi tour for tomorrow

Agree about the HOHO bus as a better option that being stuck in traffic in a taxi. At least on the top deck of the tour bus, you get a much better view. You could save a ton of money and just take a regular double decker bus but you wouldn't have the running commentary, etc. Either way, much more fun than a taxi.

South Africa
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi tour for tomorrow

I see that HOHO buses are our only option now, the taxi drivers are all booked for today. Can someone please explain to me how they works. I see tickets on their website and I'm about to buy them online. How do I use them? We are in shepherd's bush, do we need to get to any location to join the bus. I'm confused on how this works.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,433 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi tour for tomorrow

hoho buses run a circlular route around some of londons sights in central london. You'll need to get from shephrds bush to central london to pick up a hoho bus. You can use your day ticket to hop on and off as much as you like (hence hoho bus). You could of course also use 'normal' london red buses and/or tubes to cover the same sights for a lot less but without commentary. Your kids *may* travel free if you use the latter public transport depending on their ages.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 09:49
5. Re: Taxi tour for tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16