We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

We have a week booked in London from December 7 and are trying to buy tickets for two or three performances. However, the West End plays I most want to see have limited seasons and won't be on in December. What is the likelihood that plays such as the Crucible and The Pyjama Game would extend their seasons?

Also, do you wonderful people have any recommendations for any plays musicals and concerts?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,056 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

Great time of year to visit.

Come and enjoy.

www.tkts.co.uk/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

I saw Shakespeare in Love at the Noel Coward Theatre two weekends ago. It was fantastic. If I lived in London, I'd go again. One of the best evenings of theater I've experienced. That said, I think they are only booking until October right now so you'd have to keep your eye on it. We also saw The Book of Mormon and really enjoyed it - the cast was outstanding. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Enjoy your trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

It's unlikely that The Crucible will extend as it is at The Old Vic and they will have their Christmas Season planned, but Pyjama Game might if it is a commercial success.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

The Shaftesbury Theatre website is taking bookings for the Pajama Game for the whole of December.

If you liked the film Shakespeare in Love then the stage version is now in London. Very good reviews.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

The Royal Albert Hall has good concerts in December which are on sale now. If you sign up for theatre and venue alerts you will get the information direct.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

Not sure where you are from, but have you ever seen a pantomime? It is a traditionally british show put on at lots of theatres around Christmas time. I think the Hackney Empire are already booking for theirs. It is a lovely renovated Victorian theatre in East London.

Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

As usual Trip Advisor Forum provides generous and helpful advice! I'm from Australia so I have not experienced pantomimes but will look these up straight away. Thanks to Hermanaeriza I looked into RAH and have already booked into a Christmasy musical production which I'm very excited about, as well, the venue looks amazing. I don't know why I have never thought about looking up what's at the RAH.

What about the Barbican? There's a performance of the Messiah in the week we are in London. Thanks everyone yet again.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

The Barbican is a venue that opened in the 70s, so generally has good acoustics. It has comfortable seats, houses exhibitions as well as musical events and has a couple of places to get food and drinks. It is located in the City of London.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,056 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

Handel at the Barbican. Book it quick.

10. Re: Plays musicals and concerts December 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16