We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek hairdresser in London

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Topic
Greek hairdresser in London

Hello,

I 've been using TripAdvisor for long but this is the first time I actually post anything because I am getting really desperate.

My cousin is getting married next month in London and we are going to need a hairdresser to make my cousin's hair as well as the hair of at least another four members of our family from Greece.

Unfortunately, their command of English is basic and they won't be able to easily communicate. Since I can't find someone to translate for them while being there I was thinking perhaps I can't find a hairdresser or salon where they know how to speak in Greek.

The wedding is on the 26th of September and my cousin will be in London about two weeks before that day, so there will be enough time for one or two trials. The rest of the family will arrive the day before.

If you know, or can help me find a Greek-speaking hairdresser or salon I 'd appreciate it if you could share it here.

Thanks,

Chryssa

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,631 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Try http://haireverafter.co.uk

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,306 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Hi Chryssa and welcome,

Just an idea. How about posting a similar question on the Greece forum and asking if any Greeks know any Greek hairdressers in London. They might have a relative who is a hairdresser in London. When you write the post explain that you have also posted on the London forum.

Here is another idea. Contact Greeks living in London:-

expat-blog.com/en/…

Hope this helps a little bit.

Bob

Edited: 17 August 2014, 09:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Here is another.

hairdressersinnorthlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Thank you all for your replies.

TravellerPlus: you made a great find! Hair Ever After even have a page about Greek hairdressers in London

haireverafter.co.uk/greek-hairdressers-in-lo…

They have some pretty amazing reviews on Facebook and Google+ too.

I 've left them a message on their inbox but since it's Sunday I don't expect a reply today.

travelbob31: Brilliant ideas! Thank you so much. I 've just added my question in the Greek forum and I will definitely post it to some few Greek expat forums.

AuldJimmy: Thank you for your suggestion. You are probably great with Google. All I could get from Google was salons on Greek street in London :-). I am calling them tomorrow.

Thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Plenty in north London, up Green Lanes from Wood Green to Palmers Green (otherwise known as Palmers Greek, for good reason!).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

Try Lakis at Studio 12 12 Dean St , London , W1D 3RR

United Kingdom 020 3589 1668

Edited: 17 August 2014, 15:09
London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

I can recommend John's in Sydenham for the men: https:/…1414541852120489 John is Cypriot. Most of the work these days is done by his son Michael, who is also a Greek-speaker.

8. Re: Greek hairdresser in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:16