We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

We will be in London for one month next year and found a flat that we really like in Fitzrovia, very close to Fitzrovia Square?

Though we've been to London before, it was many years ago. Our trip will involve seeing the usual tourist sights, but also will involve exploring the neighborhood in which we reside. Being able to walk out of the flat and find good nearby pubs, restaurants and interesting shops will form a major part of the trip. We would love to get into the neighborhood groove.

Would Fitzrovia be a good place for our visit: Roaming the city and digging deeper into the neighborhood?

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

Fitzrovia Square - do you mean Fitzroy Square? If so then yes, it's a nice part of town. There is a very nice restaurant nearby - the Salt Yard at 54 Goodge Street. A lot of literary people used to live around there (George Bernard Shaw, George Orwell, Dylan Thomas).

Edited: 18 August 2014, 04:01
grafton
Level Contributor
631 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

We are staying in this area too next year, so I am interested to hear peoples opinions too.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k772…

No need to worrry about the Middlesex hospital development. Assuming you mean Fitzroy Square you're not near enough to be affected. Good transport nearby lots of restaurants,pubs and cafes all over the place on Charlotte St or further away at Gt Titchfield St.. (I'm partial, I used to live nearby way back when, but would happily live around there again if prices weren't in the £m's).

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:39
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

I cannot think of a better area to stay in in central London.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

"Interesting" screen name!!!!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

One thing I would say is the area's not great for shopping (apart from furniture and electricals along Tottenham Court Road). Marylebone might be better in combining that with cafes/restaurants etc but is likely to be more expensive.

http://marylebonevillage.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

Guy Ritchie recently moved to Fitzroy sq. I'm a fan of this part of central London which is pretty much tourist free.

8. Re: Fitzrovia Square: Good Neighborhood To Reside For Tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:17