We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

I'm finally biting the bullet and have decided to move to London from Aust (very original, I know) and am just after some advice, tips etc. I'll be 28 when I move there early next year and will move over with my dog.

The plan so far is for me to head over a couple of months beforehand and hopefully get a secure and job and place to live by then, so my first question is how hard is tit to find a place that'll let me have a dog? Looking at either Angel / Islington / Clapham area or Fulham / Putney. Very broad question I know, but any tips I can get would be greatly appreciated.

I know that London is very dog friendly, but does this mean they are allowed on the tube and buses? What about cabs? He isn't a tiny little lapdog I can chuck in my purse...

If anyone knows of any great 'Moving to London' blogs or sites I can visit that'd be great as I have a lot of dumb questions.

Thanks in advance!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

so my first question is how hard is it to find a place that'll let me have a dog?

======

Very.

This is also the wrong forum for a relocation discussion so your post will likely be removed soon, but you should be aware that London is very expensive to live in, and many jobs pretty poorly paid unless you have some needed skills. And in that case you can probably arrange the job before you move so that you know where to look for accommodation, otherwise you could end up with a nightmare commute.

I think you need to find a forum for people down under looking to come to London to work and live. Not sure where that would be though.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

www.tntmagazine.com/london

3. Re: Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 14:03
4. Re: Planning the big move... Couple of dog related questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 12:27