We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea suggestions

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea suggestions

Hi all,

I know this subject has been covered repeatedly and I apologise! Want to take my parents for afternoon tea on a thursday afternoon. Hopefully, we will have visited the imperial war museum in the am and will be looking forward to a cuppa and something sweet! We would like to go somewhere, not too expensive! Doesn't have to be the traditional afternoon tea, any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Covent garden, piccadilly circus or oxford st areas preferably.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions

If you are just looking for a cup of tea and a cake then there are place in and around the Southbank Centre that would suit you fine and would be convenient for the museum. Alternatively, no shortage of places for tea and cake across the Golden Jubilee Bridges in the Charing Cross area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
799 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions

Browns Restaurants do afternoon tea at £15 for 2 the Covent Garden branch has a nice ambiance.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,583 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions

MurphyM,

I would do a Search for "afternoon tea" on this forum. There are two current threads on Afternoon Tea, with a lot of suggestions - some specific to location, and some more general. Lots of possibilities, with some personal ratings and details of each, which might be useful.

Good luck and enjoy,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,583 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions

Here is one of those threads: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k77331…

Hunt

5. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16