We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

Hello

I would like to take a taxi from Barons Court tube station to Strand. Is it possible to hail a taxi outside the station and does anyone know approximately how much it would cost?

Thank you kindly.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,757 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

Why when you can get the underground straight there?

There is between nil and no chance of hailing a taxi that far out from London. If you walk to Talgarth Road you might spot one, but most will be heading back to Heathrow for a more lucrative fare.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

It's a bit of hit and miss area to catch a cab, your best chance would be to cross the Telgarth road and hail one going into town with it's for hire light on. expect to pay £20 - £25

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

And the 9 bus will get you there more cheaply, albeit slowly

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

Why do you particularly want to take a taxi? Unless there is a particular reason why you are unable to travel by tube you would be better off taking the District line to Embankment (or possibly Temple for the eastern stretch of the Strand).

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

To be pedantic, the only underground station with an exit actually on the Strand is Charing Cross. That requires one change coming from Baron's Court (I'd suggest Piccadilly Line to Green Park and Jubilee Line from there). But you can take the Piccadilly Line direct to Covent Garden or the District Line direct to Embankment or Temple. These stations are all within easy walking distance (say 200-300 metres) of the Strand depending on which address along the Strand you want to get to. If there are factors which make the Tube impractical (heavy luggage?) it's easy to phone for a black cab or a minicab. I'd guess the cost might be of the order of £20 depending on time of day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

Thank you all for your replies. I am thinking I will take the District Line to Embankment and just pack light!

7. Re: Taxi from Barons Court station to Strand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16