We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

Since I discovered from a chance comment in this very site that the Intercontinental Westminster has been sold to Hilton and will become a Conrad as from September 1st, I thought I would reciprocate the favour and inform all readers of this forum, that if you have made a reservation to stay at the hotel after September 1st, you will not get any IHG benefits your stay would have entitled you to. As an example, I discovered hat my Ambassador Weekend rate was not going to be honoured for my October stay. For reasons I have yet to ascertain, Ambassador claims it is unable to inform its members of this.

Whilst I am convinced the transfer of ownership will not affect what seems to be a fine property, I thought you would like to know in advance that your expectations as an Ambassador or IHG member might be somewhat marred.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

businesstraveller.com/news/100700/hilton-to-…

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

There could be data protection issues - real or imagined - in Ambassador not telling members

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,726 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

IHG are reportedly selling other premium properties like Le Grand in Paris. Preferable to selling the IHG group which repeatedly gets threatened IMO.

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

Thank you for your replies. I do not think there would have been any issue in advising all members, regardless of their being booked or not.

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

Kind of a shame.....we just stayed there a few weeks ago.

Really nice hotel and staff. Hope they don't get the sack.

6. Re: Intercontinental Westminster sold - IHG members beware!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:15