We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan

Sport Billy - North...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Plan

I am looking for suggestions for a good location for a marriage proposal please.

I would like the setting to be private (not public)...but memorable and romantic....anybody got any suggestions please.

I was thinking the shard but not private and perhaps common now?

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plan

Have you put 'marriage proposal' in the search box? There are about 8 threads on this.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plan

Following a recent visit to the Shard I would say that it is definitely not the best place for a marriage proposal. It's very busy, you will have no privacy at all, there are people taking photos everywhere, and after the big moment you have to pile into a lift with a load of other people to get out again. If your instinct is not to propose at the Shard then go with that instinct!

But otherwise, there really is not point anyone giving more advice here, unless you have really specific questions, because it has come up so many times before that you will get more answers by using the search facility. Note that to get most results try searches for "proposal", "propose", "proposing", without "marriage", etc. You will find that the question has been discussed lots of times. I gave up counting after about 37.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
945 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plan

Hampstead heath. Beautiful views of London, but you'll easily find a space to yourself.

4. Re: Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16