We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

I will be returning from Wales having dropped my car in Bristol to take train to London. Can anyone recommend a nice B&B or small inn or hotel situated so I can get access to LHR for a noon flight the next day ... traveling next June.

I've checked out the Old Farmhouse in Windsor but they are not near public transport that I can tell.....

Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

I've checked out the Old Farmhouse in Windsor but they are not near public transport that I can tell.....

====

Nowhere in WIndsor is really unless you are OK to be getting the bus which is pretty slow. A taxi will only be about £20. Does it *have* to be public transport?

Chicago
Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

Oh no it doesn't have to public trans but I thought it would be cheaper...

I have checked out Earl's Court station in Kensington based on 2013 comments and I wonder if the Kensington area is OK to spend the morning before going to LHR? Henley House is a bit pricey but I have Hotels.com rewards.

Thanks.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

Earls Court makes perfect sense. Easy to reach from Paddington (the terminus for train from Bristol) and 30-35 minutes from Heathrow by direct tube but bear in mind that you will need to be at the airport three hours before departure...or two for a European or domestic flight...so you won't have much time to explore the area that morning.

4. Re: B&B near Heathrow with train or tube access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:16