We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

Kennesaw, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

Hi,

I'll be arriving at Heathrow Airport Sept. 4, approximately 11:00am. I have a large checked-in luggage plus a smaller carry-on suitcase. What will be the simplest way to get to Euston Station? And will I have enough room on the train to put my luggages? This is my first time travelling to London, so I am quite at lost as to how to get from place to place. Is there a better way of getting to Liverpool? I want to keep this trip as affordable (college student here) as possible.

Thank you!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

Fly Heathow to Manchester and then direct train Mcr Airport to Liverpool. Much easier.

For cheaper options you could take buses but with luggage that is inconvenient and takes much longer.

Or for flying look at changing your ticket , perhaps to Dublin. Then fly Dublin - Liverpool

If you had asked TA advice earlier we would have said that flying into Heathrow is not the way to go to get to the north of England

Edited: 22 August 2014, 15:09
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

It's not much fun, but the answer is to book a National Express bus (www.nationalexpress.com) for about £20.

You have to get the bus to London or Birmingham, then change, and the whole caboodle takes at least six hours.

But it's painless, cheap and it gets you there

Edited: 22 August 2014, 15:18
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

As you have already booked your ticket, take the Piccadilly Line to Kings Cross / St Pancras, then walk 10 minutes west along Euston Road to reach Euston Station.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

But, unless he can get to Euston in time to catch the 1340, which means changing at Crewe even if he gets it, he can't get an Advance ticket now for less than £70 on any train arriving in Liverpool before 2230.

And that means hanging around Euston for five hours, or finding something to do with his bags. And no: the British Library won't let him in with them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

Assuming your 'large luggage' is the fairly standard 24" wheelie, there is plenty of room on underground carriages and on trains. If it is of the ridiculous size that some people seem to require for a few days away from home, then there will still be room, but the problem will be whether you can physically handle it - on and off trains, and in some locations up or down steps.

I don't know the limitations of the National express buses

6. Re: Getting from Heathrow to Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:16