We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

Hi all,looking for advice.

I had a nice stay with my son and partner who is disabled last summer at Premier Inn Leicester Square,it was perfect,close to everything .

We used the buses as my partner can only walk short distances with a walking stick.

However,this year the Premier Inn is all booked and I am looking for somwhere else on a budget.

I have looked at a few places and came across Chelsea Cloisters whose apartments seem reasonably priced albeit with mixed reviews.

As we are only needing a base whilst we visit a few places in the city,I would like a bit of info on the bus routes and how accessible they are.

Also some route numbers would be useful so I can do a bit more research .

Thanks in advance.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

I don't really understand your question about bus routes. Route numbers for what Journey?

Perhaps this link will help you:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps_/bus-route-maps

You can also change the settings to plan your journey using the Bus only:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

Edited: 24 August 2014, 13:02
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know what the numbers of the buses were and what routes they take into the West End,and particularly how far the bus stops are to walk from Chelsea Cloisters.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

Chelsea Cloisters are in Sloane Avenue. The main transport hubs in the area (for Tube and buses) are South Kensington and Sloane Square. Chelsea Cloisters are about half-way between them. The only bus along Sloane Avenue is the 360, which would be useful for getting to the South Kensington Museums or Kensington Gardens, or to link to other bus routes. They run every 12 minutes for most of the day. The nearest stop is called "Marlborough Centre College" and is about 100 yards from the Cloisters' main entrance.

For other bus routes, I suggest you look at the "spider maps" for South Ken and Sloane Square, which are at

tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…southkensington-a4-140714.pdf

and tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…sloane-square-a4-140714.pdf

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

Thank you for that,much appreciated.....

5. Re: Chelsea Cloisters and buses.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:17