We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

Hello,

As a birthday present for my son we will be visiting the WB Harry Potter Studio Tour. The options right now are Monday 21 or Thursday 22 October. I presume it will be a busy time because of local school holidays.

Can you advise me on:

- which day of the week would be better - Monday or Thursday?

- which time of the day would be better - early morning or mid-afternoon?

We will be traveling by public transport from London. I am leaning towards mid-afternoon so we can have a relaxed start of the day, but will we have enough time to see everything and how are the crowds mid-afternoon?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. We are not in a rush to see other sights as we visited London quite a few times before.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,946 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

There are limited timed entry tickets available so I doubt it makes too much difference. Presumably very early has least people in the whole thing, but I went early afternoon and it was fine.

Shouldn't think Monday or Thursday makes much difference for the same reason. Mostly seems to be sold out in school holidays anyway.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

Hi jcew,

I just got back from London and went to the HP studios - FANTASTIC.

The entry is all timed so you basically arrive and queue up until you can go in. This helps spread out the crowd inside. We were there a couple of weeks ago in peak summer holidays so it was very busy but had been busy all day and was booked into the evening. As it is so popular, I can't think it makes much difference what time of day you go or what day you go. The only things I would suggest bearing in mind are -

- entry is timed, exit is not. So, once you're in, you can take as long as you like.

- time in the exhibits/studios. We spent four hours!!!

- hunger. Eat before you go in or take a snack bar. THere is a cafe in the entry/foyer but you can't access this again until you come out of your tour.

- daylight. If you make your own way there, bear in mind the light will fade in the late afternoon so if you want to travel during daylight, go in the morning sessions.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,946 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

"hunger. Eat before you go in or take a snack bar. THere is a cafe in the entry/foyer but you can't access this again until you come out of your tour. "

There are also refreshment outlets in the outdoor section about halfway round....

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

I've been mid morning and it was definitely busy but, as others have said, the timed tickets means the crowds are certainly manageable. However on emerging from the tour mid afternoon, there were very noticeably fewer guests. I would therefore advise you to arrive mid-afternoon. Typically people take between two and a half to four hours to see the exhibits so you should be back in Central London around 8pm.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 10:00
5. Re: Best time to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17