We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

I'm arriving at Heathrow on September 12, and I plan to take public transportation straight to the Piccadilly Circus tube stop (I'm staying at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar). I know there are stairs at the Piccadilly Circus stop -- are there a lot of steps, or is it manageable with a large rolling suitcase?

If you think it's best to avoid that stop, what are my options to get to the hotel?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

If i were making the journey I would alight from the Underground at Green Park, which has an escalator to the ticket hall and a lift from the ticket hall to street level.

From Green Park the walk to your hotel is probably 15 minutes. If you decide not to walk, take the number 9 from stop J https:/…greenpark-a4-140714.pdf to Canada House (stop B) for the short walk to your hotel: https:/…trafalgar-square-290314.pdf

Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

That's easier than I thought it would be. Thanks so much!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

If you decide to use Green Park station its quite a walk along busy pavements and across busy roads with a big suitcase. An alternative would be to hail a taxi from outside the station and the fare should be under 10 GB Pounds because its not a long journey.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 15:42
Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

Thanks for the tip -- I might do that. I normally like the idea of walking just to take my time and see where I am, but I'm not sure how I'll feel about busy streets right after the overnight flight from Atlanta and the tube ride from Heathrow.

Plus the fact that I'll probably be in slow moving, disoriented tourist mode, so I'm not sure how the people on those busy streets will feel about me.

5. Re: Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area with luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:16