We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Hi, on sat 20th sept im bringing my boys up from st ives in cornwall to watch tottenham. Part of our journey is by rail. Need to be back at paddington for 19 hrs to catch the train to Exeter. Bearing in mind the train/ tubes out of the tottenham area will be busy will 2 hs be plenty of time from white hart lane to paddington? Thankyou.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Yes it should be. It's a bit of a tortuous journey but two hours will be fine if you already have your tickets and are just getting straight on the train.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

I don't know about Spurs, but at many grounds its getting out that's the problem. You might consider leaving just before or at least sharpish after the final whistle.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

After the game will it be best to walk to 7 sisters then tube to kings cross and change for paddington. Or will it be quicker to get the train from tottenham to 7 sisters? Thanks.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

bump it up baby????

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Wow..... Need some help here, last train out of paddington at 6 pm to get to penzance. Can i make it any way in an hour from the ground??

Edited: 30 August 2014, 20:27
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

National Rail trains from White Hart Lane to Seven Sisters run just four times an hour, so they would not be my first choice.

Only you will know whether your sons will be keen to walk to Seven Sisters after the match - what ages are they? There are four buses from Tottenham High Road to Seven Sisters, but they may be absolutely chocka after the match: https:/…tottenham-whl-a4.pdf

Depending on the time the match finishes I would be very tempted as above to leave just before the end to avoid the worst of the crowds, but again only you know whether you and your sons will be able to move quickly to the transport you choose.

From Seven Sisters to KX I would take the Victoria line rather than the Piccadilly line as I find it a bit faster.

London, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

I would say an hour particularly on a match day will be pushing it. One hour from Seven Sisters to Paddington no problem. Getting out of the ground and onto a train or tube is the main issue. There may be crowd controls and controlled entry to the stations. I would say leave before the final whistle to beat the rush. Bear in mind buses along Tottenham High Road may be diverted on match days if you are planning on using one to get to Seven Sisters Station quicker.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,853 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Seven Sisters to Paddington will take about 30 minutes with one change but it's getting from the ground to the tube station that will prove both difficult and impossible to know for sure how long it will take.

If you left about 15 minutes from the end that you should make it but do you really want to be stranded in London with nowhere to stay and a hefty extra charge for walk up tickets the next morning?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

This is starting to sound potentially stressful for all of you. I'd strongly suggest a hotel for the night so that you can relax and enjoy the game without worrying.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allowing enough time for travel across london?

Thanks for your thoughts, They are causing some real thought. The boys[aged 13 and 11 ] and myself dont want to leave before the end of the game as we will not be able to return for a long while. I think the best thing i can do is play it safe and drive up to exeter and then get the train, trains run to exeter at 7pm and 8pm . Thankyou again for your help.. How about a cab from WHL to paddington?