We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most convenient areas to stay in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Most convenient areas to stay in London

I am a female solo traveller and looking at suitable areas to stay in terms of accessibility and amenities. However, I do not have any clue about London. I was looking through places of accommodation like Marylebone, Southwark, Camden Town, Borough,Bermondsey, Haringay, Shepherd's Bush. Among all these locations, which is the most convenient area and overall safe place to stay in London. My school is located at King's Cross and I'm considering staying at these areas instead because I want to explore other parts of London during my free time. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

You need to provide a budget in £ per night. You should also say what you are interested in seeing and being near and for how long you are here. If it's a few days you don't want to spend them travelling long distances.

I would rule out Shepherds Bush straightaway. Not central, not particularly nice or safe.

Bloomsbury should be an option.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

You are asking for the most safe and convenient place, but also want to explore in your free time.

London, where visitors usually stay, is generally safe. However there I couple places on your list that I would think twice about before visiting.

I think you need to heed advice from locals. On another thread you say you don't want to stay near Kings Cross because of cost. Yet it would save you travel time and cost, and you coulld easily stroll around the nearby areas of Bloomsbury, Covent Garden, Camden, etc safely in your spare time.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

This is her other thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k775…

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

Thanks Kennydon for linking my other thread here. Well, yeah, I'm staying for five weeks. I have tons of questions about London but I am stuck with accommodation because of my budget. Well, I'm looking at about 120-130 pounds per week in a private room.

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

The above locations are actually rooms I've found within my budget and therefore asking for opinions on the locations I have listed to further cross out and narrow down my options. Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

You're not going to like this, but I think £120-130 per week in a private room is unrealistic.

Others may be able to come up with something around that price, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

Well, I'm looking at about 120-130 pounds per week in a private room.

----------------

Virtually impossible. Even dorms in hostels are around £20-30 per night. Unless you can shorten your trip or raise your budget, the area is of less concern than the type of accommodation which is likely to be a dump or worse.

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

Yes, I know it's impossible, so the maximum I could stretch my dollar would be 150 pounds per week. I couldn't shorten my stay due to my studies.

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

Boils down to Marylebone, Southwark, Elephant and Castle or Bermondsey I guess..

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most convenient areas to stay in London

If you post links to places you're considering, the experts here can advise if they spot a scam.