We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Itinary Help

ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
London Itinary Help

I'm trying to plan 2 days in London get the most out of seeing things.

I will be there for touring on Oct 23 and 24th. Due to some health issues we need to take some breaks in between things. Basically we can’t be going non-stop all day.

We are staying at Marriot County Hall. The first morning we thought of walking over the bridge to see Westminster and the War Rooms. The 2nd day we have tickets to the Tower of London. What is the best way to get here 1st thing in the morning? The river cruise looks nice but not sure how early it arrives.

Here are the other things we are throwing around.

Convent Gardens, Hoho bus (to see all the sights we wouldn’t have time to see), Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus. We also want to go to some pubs and enjoy just taking in the sights. Maybe a department store if there is one on the way somewhere around where we will be. I pre-purchased the tickets to the tower and oyster cards. I'm not sure the best way to get to where we need to. For instance, Convent Gardens look great, but should I do that the 1st day or the 2nd when we go to the tower. OR should I go to the tower on Thursday as opposed to Friday.

So if anyone can help plan some things, like what activities I should group together. This will be our first time to Europe and want to take in what we can, without overdoing it, in 2 short days.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,302 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Itinary Help

It's a shame you've prepurchased because you would almost certainly have benefitted from the 2for1 offers. But what's done is done.

You can easily get to the Tower from the Marriott on the RV1 bus. The stop is 2 mins away behind the Eye. The same bus (opposite direction) goes to Covent Garden.

In two days, I would do Westminster/Cabinet War rooms as you have it. I wouldn't bother with the HOHO on such a short trip. You could probably do Covent Garden late pm/eve or leave it till the following day depending on how you feel. The Lamb and Flag is a CG institution but you are also near Gordon's Wine Bar which is also worth a visit.

You could then do the Tower the following day and combine with another site of which there are tons from Borough Market to St Paul's or a gallery like the National or Tate. A good guide book will be useful helping you decide what you most want to do according to your interests.

ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London Itinary Help

Thanks for the info. I thought by pre-purchasing the tower tickets, I would save some time in line, but maybe not.

How can I find more information about the 2for1 you mentioned.

Your advice is very helpful.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Itinary Help

All info on 2-4-1 deals is under 'top questions about London' at the top right of this section.

4. Re: London Itinary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16