We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum of Comedy?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Museum of Comedy?

I recently found out about this place via a Facebook item from comic Bill Bailey and since I love British Comedy ( past & present) it sounds like my kind of place.

( I am a long time member of the Goon Show Preservation Society)

I am not finding any Reviews on it and I wonder if anyone here has been there or even heard of it

http://www.museumofcomedy.com/

Thank you

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum of Comedy?

I can't help you, but I'll bump your question back up in case someone else knows something.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum of Comedy?

Thank you-

I have posted at some Facebook groups of British Comedy but so far in the words of my Favorite Goon character Bluebottle "Not a Sausage"

Oxnard, CA
Level Contributor
154 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum of Comedy?

Here you go: http://www.museumofcomedy.com/ and theguardian.com/culture/2014/apr/01/museum-o…

Pretty new. Perhaps you will be the first to post a review

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum of Comedy?

On the bright side, it's only £5 to get in, so you don't lose much if it's not interesting.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum of Comedy?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186338-…

standard.co.uk/goingout/comedy/museum-of-com…

Edited: 29 August 2014, 19:56
Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museum of Comedy?

beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/876/review-museu…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museum of Comedy?

Thank you for the Replies- it will be on my Must See list

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Museum of Comedy?

We went just after it opened and saw Nick Helm. Bargain at the price. It's in an interesting venue and the museum is really a jumble of someone's comedy memorabilia, some of it quite valuable and rare, some of it trivial and only of sentimental value, that you can more or less rummage through.

If you have any interest in/affection for British comedy from Carry On (or earlier) to Brian Gittins and beyond, then you might well find it interesting.

The performance area is small (or intimate, as they say) which is exactly how I like it. Sit at the front if you're feeling brave.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Museum of Comedy?

Cor blimey! David Trent is on on the 16th September. He's interesting. Funny too. But slightly bad taste in underpants.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Museum of Comedy?

Thanks- My interests goes from The Goon Show/Round the Horne era to the Present with much fondness for 60-70's comedy as it is what I was exposed to first

. Seattle for some reason was showing/airing British Comedies way before Monty Python even known about in the usa.

But I enjoy the Old Music Hall songs & acts too.

. ( too bad the Player's Theater performs only a few times a year- I used to go see them every time I came to London)