We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
275 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

I'm heading to London with my family for the first time in early October. We'll be staying near the Tower Hill station for 5 nights. I'd like find a good place to shop for clothes for myself - I'm not interested in high end or boutique clothing. I need nice business casual. I am a very small petite size and haven't had too much luck with regular department stores like Debenhams. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Banana Republic or Ann Taylor LOFT (do these exist in England?)

Do you know of an area/mall relatively close to where we are staying that has a collection of these types of stores?

Many thanks for your help.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,280 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

The nearest mall is Westfield at Stratford.

Hobbs is a high street brand that seems to suit petite women.

London, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

You should be spoilt for choice at Westfield mall.

Loft isn't in the UK I think, but many other high street brands do similar business casual. Zara, Coast, Warehouse are all brands that may fit your brief. You should be able to find those and many more at Westfield.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

There's a Banana Republic on Regent Street. Wallis on Oxford Street (Marble Arch end) also has a petite range.

London, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

Cos have some lovely business casual clothes, they are at Westfield Stratford, also try John Lewis who have some good stuff.

5. Re: Best Place to Shop for Clothes - not high end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:17