We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

I need advice on safe areas to find a hotel, preferably a vacation rental near enough to most tourist visited sites . I have been searching for vacation rentals in central London but I am not sure if that's the area I need to be looking at. Also I am planning on taking the euro star into Paris. Should I get a vacation rental for two days , or just book a hotel near the station. Is the final stop( station) in Paris near any sites ? What areas should I be looking for to find a hotel in Paris and how far would it be from the station? Any other pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brit Movie Tours
Walking Tours, Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Babylon Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,960 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Hello and welcome to the forum.

For starters we would need to know more about you and your budget (in pounds please) so have a look at this article and then come back with some more information about your plans - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c205862/Londo…

My instinct is that for two nights a hotel may make more sense but hard to say for sure without knowing age and numbers of the kids. There are plenty of accommodation options near to St Pancras (the station from where the Eurostar departs for Paris Gare du Nord) and there is also small chain of aparthotels called Citidines that could be a suitable compromise between hotel and apartment.

For Paris you would need to post on that forum for the best advice.

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Thanks for your reply makes good sense, It will be 2 female adults and children 13 and 10. I want to rent a flat in london. Walworth road and Dalyell road are the choices I am looking at presently. Are they near to the sites? and then wanting to take the euro star from london to paris for two days, thanks I will check out the citidines.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Personally, I'd give Dalyell Road a miss. I assume these are airbnb places? A link might help ,as area descriptions on there aren't always accurate and some advertisers can be a little dodgy.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Thanks alot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

You keep asking, on this thread and another, if your proposed hotel area is near the sights.

Looking at a map (or Google maps) would help you answer this for yourself, as we have no idea what particular sights will interest you (and I assume you have also asked your children what they want to see.by providing them with maps/guide books)

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,960 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

I really do think for a short stay it makes more sense to stay nearer St Pancras. The options you are looking at aren't the best location wise and unless you post the links then we can't comment as to the authenticity of the properties. You would also have the hassle of taking public transport or the expense of a taxi in order to get to the Eurostar

The Premier Inn budget chain has three hotels located within 5 minutes walk of St Pancras station and a family room will currently cost between £100 and £170 per night depending on date. Free breakfast for the two kids.

http://www.premierinn.com/

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

Thank you for all the valuable advice.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

I was not my intention to duplicate posts my laptop is giving me issues. Thanks again for the advice.

9. Re: Planning a family trip with kids to London July 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16