We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Venice

Malta
Level Contributor
453 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Little Venice

Hello All,

We would like to visit London Zoo by arriving via the canal from behind Paddington Station. Is that possible or am I dreaming? What other activity can you do at Little Venice? Never visited that part of London. Any other advice and comment are most welcome. Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Venice

The London Waterbus Co offers a service from Little Venice to ZSL. There's a bit more info on their website here:

http://www.londonwaterbus.co.uk/fares..html

Jason's boats are good too, but they go direct from Little Venice to Camden Lock without stopping at the zoo.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Venice

The zoo isn't too far from Camden so you could combine the two and spend some time around the markets if that floats your boat (sorry).

Malta
Level Contributor
453 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Venice

Thank you both for you advice. Will be combining Camden with the Zoo. Off to London this morning!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,583 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Venice

Little Venice is a unique area of London with several interconnecting canals running through it.

It is a great area for walking, and there are several restaurants in the area. As you have noted, there are a couple of boating concessions, that travel the canals, and then there are boats moored along the canal. Those are often very colorful and interesting, in their narrow beams for the canals.

There is one boating concession, linked above, that goes to the Zoo, and the Zoo ticket price is included in the excursion.

Enjoy,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,583 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Venice

If you have not checked out the reviews on TA, you might find them interesting: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d1…

There are also reviews of the restaurants in the area.

Good luck,

Hunt

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little Venice

You can get to the zoo by walking by the canal along the Northern part of regents park. You can walk down and access the canal on either Park road (opposite the mosque) or from Aberdeen place ( off Edgware road at maida vale) you will. You will not be able to walk directly from the canal at paddington however if you prefer a water bus can be obtained and taken to the zoo from the basin at little venice. Have a lovely time, S.

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little Venice

Plan on visiting little venice when we go to london sept 21 to 28. What is the best way to get there from leiscester station? Thought of a tour with london walks that leave on a wednesday morning at 11am, depends how us girls feel after doing a gin tour the night before. Transportation info is welcome to me.

Malta
Level Contributor
453 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Little Venice

Thank you all for your comments and advice. Waiting to board!

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Little Venice

Last fall I reached Little Venice by tube (Warwick Avenue tube sotp - Bakerloo Line) and walked along the Regnet's Canal till Camden. On the way back I stopped first on Primrose Hill for a lovely view of London (it was my third time there but still loved it) and then in Regent's Park, my favourite London Park.

Reviews about Regent's Canal: tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186338-…

Had a lovely and relaxing day.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Little Venice

@misspupule: you were already told here how to reach Little Venice from Leicester square: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k747…