We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

We will be purchasing two 7 day Travel Cards from the National Rail Service on Sat. Sept 6. I thought I would try to print out some of the 2 for 1 vouchers ahead of time to save having to do it at the venue. I am having trouble figuring out how to do it. Any suggestions?

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

I had a similar problem: got an error message every time I tried to print or download a voucher. I suspected it was a geoblocking issue. I logged in to my company's UK server and was able to download all the vouchers without any difficulty. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful except to maybe narrow down the problem. It's odd though because I know that many travelers from the US have been able to print out the vouchers in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

I haven't printed them but was able to download them after several attempts. Have you registered - by filling your name and email address ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

If you are into vouchers check out whether there are vouchers for any restaurants you plan to visit, many pizza chains (pizza express, prezzo, strada etc) have voucher deals such as buy one get one for £2.50, look on myvouchercode.co.uk.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

Any suggestions?

------

No, because "having trouble figuring it out" doesnt give any clue what the issue is.

Do you mean that you get an error message, or you just can't see where the print voucher button is, or it prints blank pages, or your printer has run out of paper or isn't switched on?

Midlands
Level Contributor
4 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

i had problems printing these vouchers so i went to the local library, logged on the website printed off all my vouchers. Small cost but this was the best and quickest option for me still saved much more than it cost

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

Don't bother printing them at home, there a piles of leaflets at every rail station in London, usually next to the Ticket offices.

Oxnard, CA
Level Contributor
154 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

Re: vouchers everywhere at ticket offices. Not at the Euston station. Was there yesterday and bought the 7 DAT pass for wife and me. Not a voucher in sight.

Had printed " passport photos" in USA dimensions before leaving the US of A. FYI the ticket office clerk ended up cutting them down to about 1" square to fit the little I'd card. He was very helpful and gave us quite a bit of info. I will post photos of the I'd card and the ticket you will need later when I get home.

I had no problem downloading and printing them...I did "register" but that was like registering on any site where you want something. Again, IMO, don't rely on finding vouchers you want/need download them before leaving.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

Don't bother printing them at home, there a piles of leaflets at every rail station in London, usually next to the Ticket offices

=======================

Yes, there are meant to be, but sometimes they're out of stock. So, printing a few at home won't hurt.

Its been said before on the forum that it asks you to specify a date. However, the date doesn't actually appear on the voucher so you're not tied to visiting when you say you will. Just in case you were wondering . . .

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

The leaflets with the vouchers inside (from six to eight vouchers in a foldout page at the back) tend to vanish fairly quickly from Victoria, Euston and King's Cross. I've seen them at Liverpool Street, Fenchurch Street, London Bridge, Cannon Street and other slightly less busy stations, but they don't last long at stations with plenty of through traffic like Victoria.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
53 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Printing 2 for 1 vouchers at home in advance?

I had trouble printing the vouchers, too. Sorry I can't remember exactly how I eventually got them to work but it involved repeated attempts, at home and at the office. Be persistent, and best of luck!