We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Trip Help

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
128 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
November Trip Help

Planning solo trip to London mid-November. Some of my many questions are:

1. Do water taxis and/or tour boats operate in November?

2. Are particular attractions busier on weekends (i.e., should I be sure to do Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's, etc.) during week? Am planning to be at Tower at opening time, in hopes of avoiding some of crowd.

3. What are your suggestions for arrival day? I anticipate feeling full effects of jet lag, so am thinking that if it's not a flat-out downpour, I'd be happier dropping luggage and then walking and walking and walking some more.

4. Tentatively planning to go to Windsor for part of a day. Will I pay a premium if I wait until I'm in London rather than purchasing tickets on-line from home?

Many more things to ask, but I'm trying to research as much as I can so I don't ask a lot of annoying repetitive questions!! Many thanks!

California
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Trip Help

1. Yes, they operate year-round

2. Most attractions are busier on weekends. Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's are open for worshippers only, no tours. Best to arrive as early as possible to avoid long queues (Tip: for Tower of London head to the Crown Jewels first).

3. Walking and staying active is the best advice for arrival day. Avoid theatre or museum visits :)

4. There is no premium for purchasing tix when you get here. Pre-purchase for specific seats at the theatre perhaps or for tours like Harry Potter that can sell out months prior to your visit.

Boston...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November Trip Help

I'm also planning a solo trip mid november! great questions I think i will keep checking this forum for answers as well.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November Trip Help

Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,463 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November Trip Help

Just to clarify the first response , the Abbey and St. Paul's are open for visits on Saturday but not Sunday.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Trip Help

And if you are here on Remembrance day (Sun 9th) avoid anywhere near Whitehall/the Abbey that day

California
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November Trip Help

Sorry, left out the word 'Sunday' and didn't catch the error in time to edit.

7. Re: November Trip Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2015, 05:15