We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport to use....

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport to use....

I am a little confused about the airport situation. I thought that I would just fly into Heathrow to get to London. I am staying in the Marble Arch area... would Heathrow be fine?

Boston...
Level Contributor
878 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport to use....

I guess I'm a little confused by your confusion??

:-)

Of course Heathrow's fine!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport to use....

Any of the 5 London airport are fine, why wouldn't they be?

Miami
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport to use....

Hi Cube,

Okay...i guess I jus thought there was more than one way to get to where I was staying....

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,248 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport to use....

I am guessing you have realised that there is more than one airport that serves London. In fact there are five but only two (well three but only a couple of flights daily arrive at Stansted) that have flights from the US, Heathrow & Gatwick.

Heathrow is located about 15 miles west of London and (as far as public transport is concerned) is reached by tube (also called the underground) , bus or fast train whilst Gatwick is further out, some 30 miles due south of the city. It is connected to central London by the Gatwick Express and some slower trains but NOT the tube.

More here - www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow.htm

If you have a particular query please do ask but let us know your hotel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
878 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport to use....

Oh, I thought perhaps your question was security related!

I imagine Heathrow is the logical choice for you unless you can get better prices flying into Gatwick, but I'm sure the folks on this forum that know far more than I can confirm that!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport to use....

Depending on how much you want to spend - you could take the heathrow express for £13.50 to Paddington and then take a cab to your hotel or you could take the tube from Heathrow into the center of London on the Piccadilly Line. You didn't mention your hotel location so I am not sure how close this puts you to your location but you could transfer at Green Park to the Jubilee Line and take that one stop to Bond St.

If you decide on the Heathrow Express there are promotion codes that you can use for a discounted fare - check out this discussion for the coupon codes:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k76497…

Wendi

7. Re: Which airport to use....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 20:17