We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in/around Paddington Station

Scotland
1 post
Save Topic
Things to do in/around Paddington Station

I'll be in London for approximately 4-5 hours next week from perhaps 8-30 to 1pm.

A friend and I will have to wait in Paddington station until our coach arrives to take us to Germany.

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend anything to do/go or see , and somewhere to eat during the long wait for the coach.

Also if anyone could tell me if there are lockers available to leave luggage or anywhere that could hold our suitcases for a few hours.

Thanks in advance.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,110 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

The time you have got for waiting allows you to take the tube and go downtown, if you so wish. Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus are easily within reach. This also will give you pleanty of choices for something to eat as well as catching up on some of the sights.

Another option is to take a stroll to Queensway and maybe to Hyde Park, or walk up Praed Street to Edgware Road, with plenty of choices for something to eat and drink.

There are lockers for luggage within Paddington station.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

Don't forget to check out Paddington Bear himself in the Station, he's by the Krispy Kreme Doughnut shop!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

Where are you actually arriving?

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

I am not sure that there are open access lockers for luggage at Paddington station. But there is a left luggage facility where you can leave your luggage for a fee.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

In the Paddington Basin area, you can view a demo of the Rolling Bridge. I think it's around lunchtime on Fridays??

newspad.co.uk/Go/…bridgefive.htm

Agree about a walk up Praed St. to the M&S at Edgware Rd. and a walk over to Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Maybe even a brief coffee/tea break at the Orangery at Kensington Palace.

Left luggage in Paddington Station is located to the left as you come off the train platforms, looking toward the big open door next to the bookstore. Have used them and was satisfied with the service.

6. Re: Things to do in/around Paddington Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:19