We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

new york
11 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

We are going to see the blood brothers at the phoenix theatre on our first night in London. Does anyone have a suggestionas to where we can eat pre-theatre that is moderately priced?

Thanks

1. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2006, 23:22
London
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

Gabys, 30 Charing Cross Road is a few minutes walk.

See this review -

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3089.htm

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

The reply given above is an example of some of the more charming ones seen on this forum . Sadly also the need fot London tourism to increase to pay for the select group of Londoners who jet off to Bendidorm or Canary Isles for their hols.

here are three place I have recently eaten not miles away from Phoenix. Quo vadis Probably see web site on White star line.

Wolesley along Picadilly

or Spaghetti House Jermyn street.

Bon appetit & good hols Gerlis.

--
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

We recently saw blood brothers, and we found a great deal on dinner and the show on the site broadwaybox

The link was www.broadwaybox.com/london

I looked it up just now and I see that now they have three different deals for three different restaurants (you can see on the site). I remember we went to an italian place but I don't remember which one. Not only did we get a discount on the theatre tickets, the meal was very affordable as well.

In any case we were very happy with the arrangement, since the restaurant was close to the theatre and it made the evening run very smoothly.

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

Coffee12, good question. Next week I will be in London for 3 days and I was looking for the same type of info.

Two of the three responses to date were very helpful.

I do not know what the problem is with Lmtav.

I have no problem going to a restuarant "full" of American tourist (or for that matter any other nationality), as I have always found that you soon get into a friendly discussion regarding the sights of whatever local you are visiting.

Enjoy the theatre and happy eating at whatever restaurant(s) you pick.

Mike

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,172 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

coffee12,

May I apologise for the rudeness of LMTav. Although locals may know that there are stacks of eating options within a 5 minute walk of the theatre, there is no reason for you to.

You haven't indicated your budget or preferred style so may I suggest www.london-eating.co.uk where you can search by food type and location. Type in Tottenham Court Road or Leicester Square as the tube station location. The site also has some special offers.

Have a great trip and please don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear or if you need further information.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

px
london
Level Contributor
855 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

hi there are a lot of options in nearby old compton st and some of the streets leading off. Amato is mainly pattiserrie but does have some good pasta dishes... quite near to amatos is a stockpot a bit school dinner' ish but quite reasonably priced. Or if you want a taste of home Bodeans ribs etc. in poland st a bit further over but is good value. GAbys as mentioned is good great salt beef sandwiches..and over in wardour street one of my favourites is Imli tapas portions of indian street food and you can eat there for not too steep a bill

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

There is a bar we always called 'Theatre Bar' that I assumed was part of the Phoenix but might be part of the Ambassadors.

It's kinda tacky but a fun place and occasionally might find yourself stood next to a 'face' Eg. Jarvis Cocker in my case! Slightly worse for wear he seemed too.

Anyway they also do food which was fine for a quick bite before a performance.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

For one of the better views (out over Big Ben and Westminister) in central London, try 5th Floor at Waterstones on Piccadilly.

They do tarts, salads etc, rather than big meals - but then you could always go out for a nightcap or dessert afterwards.

I have been for lunch (the dinner/evening menu is similar) and also for afterwork drinks and have come away happy on both occasions.

10. Re: Restaurant near Phoenix Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:18