We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is laterooms.com reliable?

mexico city
Level Contributor
192 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
is laterooms.com reliable?

hi, i found a GREAT!!!! rate at laterooms.com, it is like 60% off of any her web page for the hotel, my question is if someone has any experience with this web page, it is almost to good to be true.

Thanks!!

Rosa

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

Have used laterooms many times without a hitch.

Which hotel and when are you going? Is worth checking out as they just sell the places - they're not accountable for the service you get at the end but as a booking transaction no problem.

That's for making a UK booking though - maybe some one who has booked from abroad can confirm or otherwise.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

I agree, I've used them on several occasions and never had a problem and you're right there's often great savings.

Cornish has a point though, they are only a booking agent, the information they advertise is what's given to them by the hotel so it's worth checking Trip Advisor, etc for reviews.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

I have used them once and the pub had no knowledge of my booking. However, when I booked Laterooms could not get though and confirm my booking while I held. They called be back after they had checked so I think the problem was with the pub not Laterooms.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

Agree - a reputable source for good discounts but you should be wary and ask yourself; why is the hotel using (paying) an agent to discount its rooms by so much?

I have used them, once got a great rate at an excellent hotel at the wrong end of a holiday period and another time got an acceptable (just!) room in a quirky hotel that seemed to be failing.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

I have used them once and didn't have a problem

mexico city
Level Contributor
192 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

Thanks for all your comments.

Tthe hotel is "the montcalm" at a rate of 95 pounds per night for a double room VAT included, the date is October 14th.

I cheked with other (like 8) web sites and it is like 60% off.

have a nice weekend

Rosa

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,741 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

Rosa,

Tha £94 is for a single room. A double or twin is priced at £120 which is still a very good price when you look at the rack rate. I too had no problems booking with Laterooms but my dealings were over the phone.

If you do book why not then e-mail the hotel directly a couple of days (no more as sometimes bookings are not passed on until just before you are due to arrive) before your scheduled arrival to reconfirm your stay. This way you can also let them know your approximate arrival time as well as any special requrements that you may have and allow them to double check that they have your booking.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

I can confirm that Laterooms has been a good option for me on a number of occasions, with no problems whatsoever. Its always worth checking the hotel reviews on tripadvisor of course!

mexico city
Level Contributor
192 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

I think calling the hotel in advance is a good idea, I just e-mailed them but still have no response, probably it is because I'm 3 weeks ahead.

Also, the rate of 94 they told me it is for a queen size bed for 2 people.

Have a great day!!

Rosa

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,287 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is laterooms.com reliable?

i have used them many times over the last 3 years and found them to be very reliable and partic good if you need to cancel (often their rates include a more beneficial cancellation range than the hotel's).

The only thing to watch with their rates is that often the best rates are still with the hotel chains themselves and you can sometimes specify more easily the type of room you want via the hotel's own website, but for smaller, individual hotels they are invaluable.