We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is London that good

NYC
1 post
Save Topic
Is London that good

Hi i live in NYC i was just wondering is london that good or could you recomend a better city to vist in europe i am a single female who cant make up her mind i know it sounds silly cheers for any suggestions

Mentioned in this post
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is London that good

depends on what youre looking for. "that good" at what tho? nightlife, clubs, bars, hotels, history, culture, fashion....yup all those...

So Yes, believe the hype, not often you can say that about anywhere!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is London that good

Trust us, you won't be disappointed. :o)

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is London that good

A bit more information about what you actually like may be needed here. London's packed to the gills with free museums for every taste but people don't always come to this city for it's sunshine record. What do you want from a visit to London?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is London that good

I don't think there is a better city to visit in Europe as London has such a huge variety of things to do. Paris is a close second, but if you have never been to Europe/UK before then it might be nice to go somewhere where English is the main language.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is London that good

In my opinion London is Europe's premier city for vacation purposes. Free museums, excellent entertainment, fabulous shopping, and rich in culture. The one downside is cost. London is the most expensive city in Europe and one of the most expensive in the world. By comparision, Berlin, (IMO) Europe's second best vacation city, is one of Europe's cheapest cities. Together with these two, Paris is the third city not to be missed in Europe.

In short, Europe's top three cities are:

1. London

2. Berlin

3. Paris

(and in that order)

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is London that good

Answer to your question: YES!!!

orlando,fl
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is London that good

I lived in NYC for over 20 years and visited London and Paris for the first time 2 weeks ago,If you blindfolded me and dropped me off in certain parts of London..i could not tell the difference,i think most Americans make a big hype out of Europe,especially Paris.There is nothing in Europe that we can't get here in the USA and it probably will cost much less.Went to Tooting and it felt like i was walking down Jamaica ave in Queens or Flatbush ave in Brooklyn,If you remove the Harrods sign and put a Macy's sign,it felt like i was in Manhattan.The museums are also free in NYC but a donation is recommended,i am not trying to put down the two cities,but i did not see much difference except that it's terrible expensive for Americans,paying 15 Euors for a hamburger and fries that cost $3.00 US is kinda rediculous.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Umea, Sweden
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is London that good

Is London that good?

Answer: NO, it´s so much better than you can ever imagine

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is London that good

rollingpin, did you miss all the wonderful history London has to offer? Yes, it's a big city - but SO much more!! :o)

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is London that good

its actualy better than any hype you could read..........I have been visiting london since 1977......... and still it blows me away.. I havent even scratched the surface in over 25 visits.......