We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Airport Lounges

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Private Airport Lounges

Today's Chicago Tribune lists www.simplylounges.co.uk and www.holidayextras.co.uk as providing airport lounges to paying travelers at costs starting from $34 at 16 UK airports.

Also, www.holideck.co.uk provides the service at Heathrow Terminal 4, with a family area and an over 16 area.

I hope I am not in airports long enough to want them.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Airport Lounges

hoogo: $34?! Forget it. I'd rather spend time window shopping.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Airport Lounges

I wish I had known about these in June when I returning from Spain. I arrived at Gatwick at 4.30am, knew I couldn't stand waiting until check in at noon so went to the Hilton, checked in and slept. I am SO glad I did as I found my flight delayed for two hours the first time then it changed to four hours, I had shopped in departures but then ran out of stamina......a lovely three hour peaceful rest in a lounge would have been wonderful. Departures was teeming with passengers delayed, some poor things for twelve hours.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Airport Lounges

The Holideck lounge at T4 is really quite nice, and worth it, in my view. But then again, I'm getting old and cranky, and despite this (or because of it!) am willing to pay for a bit of comfort and relaxation.

For anyone who travels on a beer budget but wishes to have champagne experiences, have a look at www.prioritypass.com.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Airport Lounges

Like Lee, I'd rather put my money to use elsewhere. Not a fan of airport lounges. Too quiet. Nor do I care for first class. I've flown first class domestically, but not international. While I got a good deal thru a friend, I'd prefer economy. The meals in first class left a lot to be desired. I'll keep using my FF miles for free flights.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Airport Lounges

hoogo,

Another site worth a look for booking the lounges, as they are the ones that run them, so no agents fees:

www.executivelounges.com

Worldwide too...

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Airport Lounges

KAS: Your www.executivelounges.com link did return lower prices, by £0.50, than the Tribune's recommendations. Well done. Yours is the only link needed.

Bookings at the holideck website are done by holidayextras.

I was doing the mental math to figure out how many complimentary beverages I would need to make the lounges pay for themselves. I couldn't.

The business facilities at the lounges are of no interest to me. I really appreciated a morning shower at Schiphol on a Chicago to Paris journey, though.

northern Virginia
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Airport Lounges

The thing I think will be most useful will be Yotel when they open at Heathrow. I think the new schedule is for spring of 2007.

Now that will be really handy -- stumbling out of an overnight transAtlantic flight at dawn, bleary-eyed from lack of sleep and not being able to check into my hotel for hours. It will be very nice to have a place to take a long nap before the trek into London.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Airport Lounges

talking of lounges, does anyone know what Virgins one at Gat South is like ???? We've only been in the ones on the next two floors up for other airlines. Always hit and miss till we get there, ie. some smoking areas, some not, some allow kids, some don't. Any comments of the Virgin one would be appreciated....cheers

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Airport Lounges

Other problem with this private lounge in the small print is that you're not allowed into them until 3 hours before departure.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Airport Lounges

I have known people that managed to get into the Lounges for longer than three hours. It depends on how busy the Lounge is..... The snacks and drinks are probably not worth the price alone, what swings it for most is the more peaceful location.