We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stansted-gatwik by train?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn
9 posts
Save Topic
stansted-gatwik by train?

Hello, cuold you tell me how can I go to Gatwik airport from Stansted airport by train! Thank you!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,067 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

Not direct. You'll have to change a couple of time & take a tube ride or 2 in London

Typical route would be Stansted to Tottenham Hale, Victoria Line to Kings Cross, walk 200 yards to Kings Cross Thameslink, train to Gatwick

See www.nationalrail.co.uk, www.stanstedairport.com, www.gatwickairport.com

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

there's no direct service however...

Gatwick – Stansted

National Express runs a coach every hour between Gatwick and Stansted, with a journey time of approxiamately 2 hours 45 minutes. The last service of the day departs Stansted at 21:00, and Gatwick at 22:00. Return fares start from £30.

To book tickets and for further timetable information, please call 08705 808 080 (UK only) or visit www.nationalexpress.com.

Gatwick – Stansted

The Gatwick Express departs every 15 minutes from London Victoria station and takes just 30 minutes to Gatwick South Terminal. Passengers requiring the North Terminal should take the free transit between terminals, which is just upstairs from the train platforms. Gatwick Express trains, from the airport to Victoria station, also depart at 15 minute intervals and have a journey time of 30 minutes. Stansted Express trains depart every 15 or 30 minutes with an average journey time of 45 minutes. They run between London Liverpool Street station and Stansted Airport. Passengers can travel between Victoria and Liverpool Street stations by bus, tube or taxi.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

Or get the gatwick express to Victoria and then to Tottenham Hale.

To many factors and too little info!

Time of day and day of week would be helpful to really pin it down!

Check www.tfl.gov.uk journey planner though this comes up with some off the wall solutions! Xpress to Victoria then District line to Bromley by Bow!!! And it is keen to direct to London Liverpool Street and the Stansted express!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

By train, a few ways.

Stansted Airport to Tottenham Hale, change to Piccadilly line to King's Cross and then First Connect train to Gatwick (as previous poster said). This is a good route, but you have to change "terminals" at Kings Cross which makes this the least appealing to me.

Stansted Airport to Tottenham Hale, change to Piccadilly Line and ride it all the way down to Victoria and get the Gatwick Express. A good route as well, but that's a long time on the Victorial line, which can be very crowded and if you have a lot of luggage it may not be the best option.

Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street, take Circle/Hammersmith & City/ Metropolitan line to Farringdon and catch the First Connect to Gatwick. This is the simplest in my opinion - stay on the train all the way to Liverpool Street, take very short hop on lines that aren't that busy (unless it's rush hour), then the First Connect train. Farringdon is a very small and usually quiet station. This would be my choice.

All of these are going to come out at about 2 hours traveling time. A bus is an intriguing option, but not worth the extra hour traveling time in my opinion.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,067 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

< change to Piccadilly Line >

Change to Victoria Line

6. Re: stansted-gatwik by train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 09:18