We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pub experts please

Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
pub experts please

We will not be in London until the 20th of October so we will miss the TALF meeting. We would like to try to visit The Lamb in honor of all of you who have been soo wonderful and informative during the planning of our first trip to London. I read about it here on the forum but cannot find an address. May I have the address? Also the Windsor Castle Pub is located near our hotel and hasa British Roast ( ?) on Sundays. Have any of you been there? Thanks.

Nancie

Mentioned in this post
The Lamb
The Lamb
143 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
The Windsor Castle
The Windsor Castle
236 Reviews
London, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pub experts please

Hello Nancie and welcome to the forum. The wonderful Lamb - our TALF home is located at 94 Lamb's Conduit Street. From the Russell Square Underground station turn right onto Bernard Street. Then take the first right into Grenville Street. Then turn left onto Guilford Street. Walk past the hospital and Lamb's Conduit Street will be on the right. Look down the street and you'll see the Lamb on the left hand side of the street.

Which hotel are you staying at? There are 5 Windsor Castle pubs in London including 2 very good ones in Kensington and Marble Arch.

Mentioned in this post
Russell Square
Russell Square
489 Reviews
London, UK
The Lamb
The Lamb
143 Reviews
London, UK
Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle
10,222 Reviews
Windsor, UK
Marble Arch
Marble Arch
499 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
The Kensington
The Kensington
3,168 Reviews
London, UK
Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pub experts please

Bob has given you terrific directions. I urge you to give it a go and try to make it to the Lamb. It is a wonderful old English pub and serves fantastic cask conditioned ale. Bloomsbury is a lovely area and if you go to www.fancyapint.com and search by tube station (Russell Square) you will see a great map to The Lamb and several other 4 pint pubs in the area. You can use fancyapint to find pubs located near your hotel also. Enjoy! (Try a Young's Bitter....they are lovely)

Mentioned in this post
The Lamb
The Lamb
143 Reviews
London, UK
Russell Square
Russell Square
489 Reviews
London, UK
The Bloomsbury
The Bloomsbury
3,522 Reviews
London, UK
The English Restaurant
The English Restaurant
332 Reviews
London, UK
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pub experts please

I only know one Windsor Castle pub, the one in Lower Clapton Road.

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Lower_Clapton

Could make a very interesting evening out for you - the "real" London

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle
10,222 Reviews
Windsor, UK
London
London
England, UK
UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pub experts please

The Windsor Castle pub in Campden Hill Road - in Kensington -10 to15 minute walk up from High St. Kensington tube, actually nearer Notting Hill Tube, this is one of the best pubs in London.

Olde worlde charm, low beams, watch your head. Good beer garden too - maybe not in late October though.

Tends to attract young professionals from the local area - generally good atmosphere, especially if the coal fire is burning

(Not sure it does sunday roasts but possibly it does - never been at that time.)

Mentioned in this post
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
2,440 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
The Kensington
The Kensington
3,168 Reviews
London, UK
The Windsor Castle
The Windsor Castle
236 Reviews
London, UK
Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pub experts please

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions and the directions.. We will be staying at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. The directions are great . We will lift a pint to all the contributors of the London forum.

Only 20 days and we are off!

Nancie

Mentioned in this post
Royal Garden Hotel
Royal Garden Hotel
3,668 Reviews
London, UK
The Kensington
The Kensington
3,168 Reviews
London, UK
London
Level Contributor
579 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pub experts please

Definitely go to the Windsor Castle in Campden Hill Road. An absolute classic pub five mins walk from Notting Hill Gate tube. Far better than The Lamb, with a delightful garden and great food too. I took my pals from the office there a few weeks ago and they had great difficulty leaving.

Why don't we have a TALF session there?

Mentioned in this post
The Lamb
The Lamb
143 Reviews
London, UK
Notting Hill Gate Hotel
Notting Hill Gate Hotel
521 Reviews
London, UK
The Windsor Castle
The Windsor Castle
236 Reviews
London, UK
Newcastle, Maine
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pub experts please

Hey Nancie! I'll be arriving in London on the morning of the 18th and my hotel is right around the corner from the Lamb! ( so I gather, I've never been there!) Guess I'll have to stop in and have a pint! Maybe I'll see you there! Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
The Lamb
The Lamb
143 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
London
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: pub experts please

I used to play football for The Windsor Castle pub in Deptford High Street back in the early 80's - the left back married my sister!

It was a good old fashioned British pub, no frills, no food (except for the seafood Sunday lunchtime) just a jukebox and great beer!

I doubt it's even standing now, but thanks socreader for jogging my memory banks, I've just had a pleasant trip down the lane.

Posts, current + 135

Mentioned in this post
The Windsor Castle
The Windsor Castle
236 Reviews
London, UK
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: pub experts please

Hmmm this many responses and

fancyapint.com

has only been mentioned once above, usually it would have 17 or 18 mentions already. Check it out and enjoy London.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pub experts please

And don't forget www.beerintheevening.com.

Sorry I'm late to the post. A few too many Three Floyd's Robert the Bruce Scottish Ales last nite.