We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Topic
Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what destinations Easy Jet fly to but the flight is operated by another airline?

We flew Luton to Athens, hopped on the bus at the departure gate and it pulled up outside an Air Finland plane (and crew). Everyone pilled onto the plane (as if they already knew) but we just stood there for a while and thought that they took me to the wrong plane. It's funny thinking back now about it, but at the time we was a bit freaked out cause I wasnt expecting it

On the return from flight from Athens, once again we were greeted by an Air Finland plane and crew. At least this time we knew but a passenger in front of us asked someone else if this was the flight to Luton. We justed laughed

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

I can't answer this one, but I imagine if you were expecting the usual abundance of orange everywhere it would be a suprise!

London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Sorry, I just re-read my post and realised I should have proof read it before I posted it :)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,067 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Even Ryanair do it - there was a case a while ago where the plane landed at the wrong Belfast airport

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Years ago coming from Toronto to London, Wardair (yes I said YEARS ago) put us on an Air Lingus plane, dad freaked out because he thought he was being hijacked to Belfast.

Any time I've flown a 'One World' partner I've wondered who I'm going with, BA and Iberia switched on me a couple of times.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

As far as I know (and I don't know all that much about Easyjet practices), Easyjet does not have codeshare agreements with other airlines. I have heard that with Easyjet's rapid expansion they have had trouble keeping up with having enough aircrews. I wonder if what you experienced was Easyjet operating the route through a wet lease arrangement with Air Finland (a wet lease is one where another airline provides aircraft and crew on behalf of the main airline). I am not a member (it costs, and I spend enough time on various web sites as it is!) of airliners.net, which has a number of forums, but there would be someone there who could tell your precisely why those flights were not operated by Easyjet.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Sometimes when airlines fall short of a plane they seem to borrow them from somewhere else.

We have been on a British Airways plane recently where all the staff were Spanish and everything in writing was Spanish.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

Our flight from Gatwick to Athens in August was also on an Air Finland plane, perhaps there is a reason why they run on this particular route. To make it even more confusing we had been delayed by 7 hours when they finally put up our gate number, we all rushed to the gate to see an Airfinland plane with the sign above the gate saying Valencia....boy were we confused.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

arf68, you are right, EZY does have a wet lease arrangement with Air Finland, and also with Futura Air (spanish low cost carrier based in the Balearic's). They use these other carriers when their aircraft are undergoing maintenance.

9. Re: Easy Jet Flights Operated by other Airlines ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 04:15