We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used lastminute.com before?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Anyone used lastminute.com before?

Has anyone used this site before? Is this site reliable? They seem to have cheap dinner+show packages for the London area...

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

I've used them about 8 times for tickets to shows, they don't have the best seats but the price is usually right. I've never had the dinner & show package but others have and it is a very good deal. lastminute.com are a large company and have been around for quite a while.

London
Level Contributor
561 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

Lastminute is a big operation. It launched in 1998 and became an icon of the dotcom boom.

Last year it was was bought by the US company Sabre Holdings, which also owns Travelocity, for $1bn.

I've used lastminute to buy show tickets and hotel stays on numerous occasions and had no problems.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

I have used it a number of times with no problems although I dont find it as cheap as I once did.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
353 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

Yes. Good a good dinner and theatre deal for les Miserable, also booked a weekend flight / hotel package to Madrid. Had no problems with either booking, however eventhough I did put my frequent flyer number in when booking the Madrid holiday and I never got the points. Partially my fault for not keeping my boarding pass and chasing it up myself.

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

I, too, have been satified with purchases made thru LastMinute.com. I've used them for theatre tickets, a discount luncheon, & a couple of dinner/show packages. Each time they were acting as agents for outside companies, and each time I was pleased with the ease of the traansaction as well as the purchase itself.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

I've used lastminute.com for show purchases before and also for buying a spa package. Both times had no problems.

The one thing to remember for shows is that you do not get to choose your seats.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

Latminute are ultimately owned by Sabre, they were taken over by Travelocity a couple of years back so are reputable and stable.

Probably not applicable here but we've had problems with people who need vat receipts with bookings from Lastminute. Latminute say its up to the provider of the product, the provider says you have a contract with lastminute and they should provide.

Both parties invariably when challenged say their lawyers confirm they are correct.

8. Re: Anyone used lastminute.com before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 21:18