We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips from London

Egypt
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
day trips from London

I am planning to spend 15 days in Europe in February 2007 I will visit London, Paris, Brussels. though this my second trip to UK i did not experience any of the suggested day trips out London so would you please suggest the most places to visit outside London especially that i will only dedicate two days for those day trips.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips from London

Bath is nice with plenty of history as is York, Hampton Court, Windsor and Oxford (where Inspector Morse was filmed if u ever watched it!) as well as Cambridge!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trips from London

Brighton, Portsmouth, Canterbury and Rye and all popular daytrips too.

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trips from London

Also Warwick Castle, Stratford upon Avon and places on the London outskirts like Kew Gardens and Greenwich

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trips from London

February doesn't have the kindest weather, so you might want to visit places that have good 'indoors' appeal and don't depend on walking the streets. I wouldn't bother with seaside resorts then - much as I love Brighton.

If you go to Bath, maybe take a swimming costume so you can try out the new Thermae Baths - a steam and sauna would be just the thing in February.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trips from London

Dalia Ghaly, There are lots of suggestions on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…4682292

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day trips from London

Cambridge and Oxford are both suitable for a daytrip, about an hour to 90 minutes from London. You don't spend too much time inside but they should be OK if it is not raining, and you can always pop into a pub or tea house if you need to warm up.

Make sure you ask for a cheap day return if you are just doing a daytrip and taking the train.

Greenwich (London)
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: day trips from London

<<< take a swimming costume so you can try out the new Thermae Baths >>>

I'd been wondering what the dress code was there. Is a swimming costume compulsory, expected or permitted?

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trips from London

Do you mean you wondered if anyone would be naked?! Not that I saw - though that would be entertaining for the people in the street below as there are a lot of full-length windows.

When I was there, everyone wore swimming costumes (and mostly robes and slippers which are supplied, like in a spa hotel).

Egypt
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day trips from London

thanks a lot for those useful information I cannot tell how this will help us but do you think it is better to do those day trips on my own or should I booked one through one of the travel agency via web please suggest a good company for me.

many thanks again for you all

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: day trips from London

For day trips you could browse the following websites:-

www.evanevans.co.uk

www.astraltravels.co.uk

www.premiumtours.co.uk