We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels at Heathrow

Orange, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels at Heathrow

HI ALL!! I will be returning from Paris on the Eurostar arriving into Waterloo. I then need to get to Heathrow as I will have a flight out the next morning. How do you get to Heathrow from Waterloo? And any recommendations for hotels at Heathrow with a shuttle to the airport!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

Either:

Train from Waterloo to Feltham (www.swtrains.co.uk) then bus 285 to Heathrow.

or

Jubille Line tube to Green Park then Picadilly Line to Heathrow

www.tfl.gov.uk

Orange, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

Thank you very much, Ajeleonard: I thank you already but it came out as a brand new post....ugh....

Anyway, I have written down your info.

Still looking for a recommendation for a good Airport Hotel. We are three adults traveling.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

What time does your train arrive at Waterloo? As well, what time (and from what terminal building) does your flight from LHR depart?

There is a Hilton hotel attached to T4 and the Jurys Hatton Cross is steps from that particular tube station, but most other airport hotels are off-site, as it were. There are no free shuttles, unless you use one of the local London buses - I think the 111 is free for short distances from the airport, but you may want to check this (try the Journey Planner at www.tfl.gov.uk). Otherwise, you're stuck with the Heathrow Hoppa, which costs £5 each way.

Waterloo to LHR via Green Park involves a fairly long schlep at that latter station. The escalators near the Eurostar terminal will take you to the Bakerloo line, and you can change at Embankment to a westbound District line train (towards either Richmond or Ealing Broadway), then change at Hammersmith to the Piccadilly line, by walking across the platform. Alternately, the Jubilee line to Westminster, where there are lifts between the Jubilee and District line platforms - same routing, via Hammersmith (or Barons Court).

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

You could of course stay at the Hilton Paddington which is on top of Paddington Station where the Heathrow Express leaves from. This means you are only 15mins from the airport the next morning, but you can enjoy a day in London rather than all the way out at the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

Train Waterloo to Feltham, then stay at one of the hotels (St Giles?) near Feltham station then bus from Feltham to Heathrow in the morning might be worth considering.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

As long as you are arriving at a reasonable time of the day and your flight departs after 8.30 then I would be very tempted to stay in Paddington and take the Heathrow Express early the next morning so giving you a (romantic?) last night in London.

The Paddington Hilton is arguably the best hotel in the immediate area and you can fall out of bed and onto the train. Other hotels close by (within a five minute walk) that are decent (be careful - there are some rotten ones) include The Quality Crown, The Darlington Hyde Park and The Rhodes.

Paddington is an easy 20 journey on the Bakerloo Line from the Eurostar Terminal at Waterloo.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

"Paddington is an easy 20 journey on the Bakerloo Line from the Eurostar Terminal at Waterloo."

yes it is, I cant believe all these other posts about switching tubes and getting buses etc!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

There is a TripAdvisor "Inside Page" on Heathrows Hotels at:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c19344/London…

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

Get a taxi from Waterloo and ask the driver to take you to the best hotel.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels at Heathrow

"Get a taxi from Waterloo and ask the driver to take you to the best hotel."

Hmmmm.

How long is that piece of string.