We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special on BBC America

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Special on BBC America

This weekend on BBC America:

"The Queen at 80 - In celebration of her 80th birthday, we take a look at Elizabeth's extraordinary life, with never-before-seen personal footage from her private archives.

Premieres November 11th at 7pm et/4pm pt."

Tennessee.USA
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Special on BBC America

I can't wait to see it!

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special on BBC America

Drat, I don't have cable. Hopefully they'll make it into a dvd.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Special on BBC America

It's the Wills and Harry show tonight on BBC America. Looking foward to Lizzie's stuff later. Thanks Dixie.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special on BBC America

Thanks for the heads up. Yay, something to watch on a Saturday night. :o)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special on BBC America

thanks dixie - I'll set my VCR!!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Special on BBC America

Had that one recently. It would have been more interesting if they had focused more on the queen today rather than re-package history that we all already know about.

That said, the bits that were new were interesting.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special on BBC America

Got to be better than Lawrence Welk re-runs anyway. I saw "The Queen" recently (movie, not person) and thought it was very well done, by the way.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Special on BBC America

Anything in the cosmos has got to be better than a Lawrence Welk re-run. When I moved to the US and plugged in my first TV all I got was Lawrence Welk on PBS. "So it has come to this" I said to Mrs Henneth. Nowadays with 200 channnels I find that the best stuff seems to be actually on PBS, minus our fake tanned yellow blazer wearing Big Band cohorts. Most of the other US channels have little to entertain me.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Special on BBC America

Agree with you there, Henneth. I have BBC America and find more to watch on that than most other channels. However, there's also a lot on there not to watch. How many times can they show the same Benny Hill shows? Better to read a good book. Is anyone familiar with this one?

"Secret London: Exploring the Hidden City, With Original Walks And Unusual Places to Visit"

by Andrew Duncan

amazon.com/dp/1566566363/ref=pe_pe_606_35193…

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Special on BBC America

say WD, how much is BBC America paying you for that advertisement? you should charge something for being so dedicated.

i enjoy their shows as well, although i haven't seen ground force on there in quite awhile. anybody know what happened to alan titmarsh and the rest of the gang?