We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone else with terravision complaints?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
anyone else with terravision complaints?

My friend and I had to spend a night in London last week so we flew from Newcastle to Stansted and bought return tickets for the Terravision express shuttle to get us into central London. The bus was supposed to collect us from Victoria at 6pm the following day but didn't turn up. Others were waiting too. We weren't too concerned as it's widely advertised that it runs every 30 minutes. However, the 6.30 and the 7.00 bus also didn't show. We had to stampede the tube rush to get to Liverpool Street station where we could catch a Stansted Express train which took 45 minutes however we missed our check in by 4 minutes and could not board our flight. We'd given another girl who'd been waiting our mobile number in case it had happened to turn up just after we'd left however she sent us a text at 7.25 to say there was still no bus. Terravision cost us another £475 in lost flights, expenses, an airport hotel for the night and new flights the next day. I've written a litter to them enclosing all receipts and demanding to be reimbursed. Has anyone else had problems with them and how were they resolved? If I don't get any joy from Terravision is there a regulatory body I can ask for help with this? Thanks.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

Sorry to hear of the trouble you had and added expense. Do you have a travel insurance policy you could make a claim on for this if you don't get anywhere with Terravision?

The public transport links from central London to STN are generally dire (and mostly ridiculously expensive).

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

Where were you waiting?

Terravision has 2 different departure points in Victoria depending on whether the bus stops at Liverpool Street. There is no 6.30pm departure, only 6 and 7 then 8.30.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

ajeleonard is correct the 6:00 and 7:00 start from different places and there isn't a 6:30 to Stansted.

Also from Victoria it would have been quicker to take the Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale and catch the Stansted Express train from there.

I look forward to your response as to where you waited.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,835 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

WHilst it doesn't cover all circumstances, travel insurance is a good idea. It may pay for missed flights and unforeseen hotel costs.

Most transport operators do not guarentee their schedules, and usually advise passengers take out insurance.

I can't see how Terravision are liable for your costs. It was unfortunate, but I think you'll find that even if it was their fault, their terms and conditions will avoid paying out compensation for costs such as you had. Just my view.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

I have used Terravision in Italy when arriving from a flight and had a terrible scrum to get on the bus.

There have been posts on the Italian forums about them and people missing their flights.

I would never trust them to get me to the ariport in time for a flight, in fact I will avoid them as much as possible in future.

Sorry this happened to you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

It would seem to me that from looking at their website (http://www.terravision.it/london.html) that the 6 pm and 7 pm services are from the same stop as the majority of their other services i.e. stop no 2, Bulleid Way, Green Line Coach Station (there doesn't seem to be a 6.30 or 7.30 service from Victoria) . So as long as you were at this location, you would have cause for criticism of Terravision but I can't comment on whether they should pay up for your other costs.

Looking at the above website, there are some services that leave from stop no 9, Buckingham Palace Road but for your time frame, the first service from here would be the 8.30 pm.

So if you were at stop no 9, Buckingham Palace Road at 6pm this would explain why the coach never showed. However, if you were at stop no 2, Bulleid Way, Green Line Coach Station and the coach didn't show then you will need to wait and see what Terravision have to say about the non appearance of this service.

London
Level Contributor
562 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

What a horror story... £475 for a lost bus connection.

I have to say, starting these bus journeys from two separate stops seems like a recipe for confusion. One wonders why Terravision can't use the same stop in Victoria for all their departures.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,835 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

Scanning their T&Cs, it looks like they limit compensation to providing you with another bus, if yours is cancelled.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

Mick

The 6:00 is in blue (as is the 07:20)

"Blue Journeys from stop n° 9, Buckingham Palace Road,"

The 07:00, 08:00 and the majority start from "stop n° 2, Bulleid Way, Green Line Coach Station"

Sydzap could therefore never have caught both the 06:00 or 07:00 if he remained at the same stop.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone else with terravision complaints?

Mr C,

I see where the confusion is. You are referring to the 'am' services whilst I am referring to 'pm' services. For a minute there I thought I was going colour blind.

sydzap does say that the first coach they were trying to get was the 6pm which would mean they would have to be at the Bulleid Way stop and not the Buckingham Palace Road stop.