We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arsenal Tickets

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
2 posts
Save Topic
Arsenal Tickets

Looking for two tickets to Arsenal vs Wigan on Feb 10, 2007 @ Emirates Stadium.

I am an American who follows Arsenal and will be in London the week of Feb. 5 - Feb. 11. The membership cards appear to make this impossible.

Does anyone know a way around this other than buying visiting tickets ?? I am currently working on this as we speak.

Go Gunners

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arsenal Tickets

Buy from a tout (aka scalper) on the day, this is likely to be one of the less well attended games. Alernatively you can pay big bucks via an agency (to get a corporate hospitatlity ticket though it wont be called that), though I would guess these would be £200 each and upwards.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arsenal Tickets

touts are going to be your best chance of a ticket, but The Emirates is full every match (regardless of the team theyre playing). Arsenal (and Man U) have the highest percentage of seat take-upl for home games, averaging in the high 90%, so tickets from touts are likley to be scarce and expensive (expect to pay £40+ for a seat if you can get one).

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arsenal Tickets

At the recent Arsenal-Liverpool match, the cheapest face value of a ticket was £45. The market for touted tickets opened at £400 and dropped to £200 fifteen minutes before kick off. Although less prestigious matches attract lower legitimate seat prices, I would be hugely surprised to pick up a ticket for a home Arsenal game from a tout at £40. Have you ever seen the touting network in action at Ashburton Grove ? These are serious players who expect to make a fairly high profit margin on the vast majority of the tickets they sell.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arsenal Tickets

i did say 40+!!

They can cash in at the Emirates because demand is so high.

I bought a ticket from a tout at Manchester City a couple of months back, for less than face value 5 mins before KO.

this is an interesting article.

timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2418179.html

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arsenal Tickets

Bojangles, thanks for the article. I tried to access it a couple of times using the web address you provided, but was unsuccessful Could you give me a couple of key words from the article so that I can trace it on Google ?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arsenal Tickets

worked for me... the headline is

Cutting prices can prove just the ticket as worrying trend continues

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arsenal Tickets

there were a couple of related articles (below) (good reads too).

or go to timesonline and use the following key words to seach by.

falling attendances

football attendances

timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2418179.html

timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2433118.html

California
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arsenal Tickets

Thanks for the reply's - one more question ??

If the game does not go to general sales - how do the touts get tickets ?? My understanding is that there are no more paper tickets unless the game goes to general sales.

Thanks.Again

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arsenal Tickets

I'm also a fan of Arsenal, though I've never been to a match in person.

What is the area surrounding the stadium like? I imagine there are pubs to watch the game if someone like me tried their luck with touts and came away without a ticket I could afford? Is that a worthwhile approach to seeing a match? I imagine many places would be packed, making i difficult to see the action on the television.

(if you read my other thread from today, you'll know I'm becoming resigned to trying to get tickets for a match featuring a smaller club than Arsenal, perhaps Fulham)

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arsenal Tickets

If you check out the Arsenal website and find a listing of the worldwide supporter groups. Look for the North American Supporters groups webpage. If you become a premium member they can get you tickets near face value for any match you would like to attend. I believe premium membership to the American supporters club is $20.