We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier League London match tickets

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Premier League London match tickets

Hello London experts!

i expect to visit London at the end of the year and watch Chelsea x Fullham December the 30th.

i've been at the Chelsea's site and it seems that only member fans can buy tickets online (correct me if i'm wrong,please...).

i need help from you guys in what concerns to buy tickets at the stadium...is it easy for me to buy a ticket, a day before the match or even in the match day?

any suggestions/recommendations would be deeply appreciated.

thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier League London match tickets

You are nearly right, what happens is that first season ticket holders get the chance to buy extra tickets, then if there are any left, then members, then if there are still some left, non-members. As this is a derby and thus popular, its quite likely that even members wont be able to buy tickets (because season holders will buy all the ones left). You wont know until about 4 weeks beforehand. You will almost certainly not be able to buy a ticket from the club on the day because its a local derby.

There are touts outside (people who buy and resell tickets privately) and you will be able to buy from them, I'd expect you'd have to pay another £20 or so on top of face value, eg about £70/ticket.

If you arent a Chelsea or Fulham fan I'd advise you to go to another game, though given where you come from I understand you probably want to see Chelsea :-) In which case, make sure if you buy a ticket from a tout make sure that its in the Chelsea section.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier League London match tickets

Unlikely they'll be any tickets available from either Chelsea or Fulham - it's a local derby & it's a between Christmas game - only chance is to buy from a tout but given that Chelsea tickets are expensive to begin with...

Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier League London match tickets

hello again,

Thank you both for your answers! it seems that it will be hard for me to get "the precious" ticket :)

i have another question for you: and if i, through the website, become a chelsea member? does that mean that i have a guaranteed ticket if i buy it online?

chelsea membership price for europe is tabled 70£...do members of premier league clubs pay any monthly fee? sorry if this question seems like a nonsense but in my country, besides the anual membership fee we also pay a monthly fee....

once again than you for your suggestions!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier League London match tickets

No it doesnt mean guaranteed at all, it just means you have a chnace to buy IF there are tickets left after season ticket holders have had their opportunity. WHich in this case is unlikely.

Its a one-off fee (nothing monthly extra) but you might as well spend the 70euros on a tout as at least that would be guaranteed.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier League London match tickets

thank you again!

if you have any site suggestions where i can buy the tickets (i visit tefta.com and ticket price +/- 200£ (ouch!) )

i'd be very thankfull :)

it seems i'll have to pay more for the ticket than for the 4 day stay!! :))

best regrds,

pt

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier League London match tickets

Thats the sort of price I'd expect! :-(

You can check prices for corporate hospitality on the chelseafc website but last time I looked for agame it was £200 each and you had to buy at least two.

I would expect you could buy a ticket from a tout outside the ground, for under £100.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier League London match tickets

Just had a look, for £350 you can get a package including hotel not sure if its one or two tickets for that (It says 'tickets for one or two people'??.

Corporate package for Reading game a few days before is £195 plus VAT, couldnt see one for Fulham, you could call, but the price will be around £250 in any case.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier League London match tickets

At the recent Arsenal-Liverpool match, the touts were charging circa £200 a ticket fifteen minutes before kick off. This was circa quadruple the face value of the ticket. I appreciate that Chelsea v Fulham is not as big a fixture. But I would be very surprised if a tout at the Chelsea-Fulham match were prepared to part with a ticket for £70. They're so not interested in making small profit margins on the tickets they sell. I think you would be lucky to get a ticket from a tout at less than £100.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier League London match tickets

Fair enough Insightful you make a good point, I dont have any experience of them at a derby and was going from what they would charge for an 'unpopular' game.

Obviously its a tough choice, if they are going to be £200 each might as well go for the corporate ticket if its available.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premier League London match tickets

p.s. I should add you definitely can get them at a £20 margin for the less popular games, but I handt really thought through it being Fulham..