We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 for 1 entry to attractions

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 for 1 entry to attractions

Hi! I am just finalizing a few things, and am wondering about 2 for 1 entry coupons that are valid with train tickets. I read on this forum that I can use travel card for this coupons. Is it any travel card or just weekly travel card. Can I use 5 day travel card?

Thank you in advance

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,473 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

http://www.2for1entry.co.uk/faq.aspx

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,236 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

There isn't such a thing as a five day travelcard that is issued in this country and generally tube travelcards are not valid except for the 7 day travelcard that is purchased with an Oyster Card. As the faq say -

"Can I use an oyster card?

You are able to use Oyster cards that are issued in conjunction with:

1) Freedom passes

2) Travelcards - weekly, monthly or yearly. However your Oyster card MUST be accompanied by your Record Card that proves the purchase of a Travelcard which is valid for the date of your visit.

Please note that Oyster Pre-Pay, and Single/Return tickets bought for travel by London Underground/tube only are NOT valid for use with this offer."

Please ask again if that doesn't make sense.

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

Thanks

I knew there was a reason I wanted to buy a 7 day travel card, even though I will only be staying 5 days.

It is all coming back to me now.

Hope to see you all at the pub meet

MM

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

I've used the rail 2 for 1 offers with a one-day travel card (zones 1-6) - I don't know if it makes any difference that I bought it from a suburban rail station.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

We used the one-day travelcards as well. According to the FAQ, as long as your ticket has the National Rail "crow's foot" on it, it should be valid. I think the only one-day travelcards that have the National Rail symbol are those purchased at stations with National Rail?

"By way of recognition if your travel ticket shows the Double-Arrow (or 'crows-foot') logo you're safe to assume it is valid. If you are unsure in any way please ask at your local staffed National Rail station."

They never asked to see our tickets at either Hampton Court or the Tower.

6. Re: 2 for 1 entry to attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:16