We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow T4

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow T4

Oh dear...I am a real dafty! Recently posted asking whether airside or landside @ T3 was best for a nice lunch, bit o shopping and a couple o drinks. Lots of lovely helpful people replied and I was getting myself all shaped up for airside shopping and lunch at TGIs (could almost taste those cocktails!) THEN I discover I am actually flying from T4! :-( So please please please can someone answer the same question for T4?

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow T4

Have a look at

baa.com/main/…terminal_4_frame.html

There're terminal maps in pdf.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow T4

Not to worry. T4 has even more shopping than T3 (yikes), with such shops as Mulberry, Naturally Cashmere, Hackett, Watch Station, Swarovski, and Austin Reed. Food and drink includes Caffe Uno, Caviar House Seafood Bar, Coffee Republic, Costa, JD Wetherspoon, Metro Cafe, and a Pret a Manger.

If you decide to book a lounge, the Holideck lounge at T4 is even better than the Servisair lounges. There's a quiet area (no tv), a specific play area for children, free computer terminals, and lots and lots of drinks and snacks. Highly recommended.

Are you flying with BA? I ask because some of their long-haul flights leave from gates (wish I could remember which gates - !) that are away from the main body of the terminal. There are signs posted that say 'it's about a ten minute walk to the gate' and the signs mean it. If you're flying with BA, try to check in on line too, as the queues at T4 can be enormous. There's lots of kiosks where you can print your boarding card, and you can hand in your bags at the Fast Bag Drop thus freeing up your time for shopping and a cocktail!!

Hope your trip is wonderful, starting with LHR.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow T4

funofthefiar, I am glad we helped you to realise. I wondered if you were going to miami as they do go from t3 apparently due to less people connecting onto that flight/destination from other BA flights that arrive into t4!!

more shopping at T4 eh?? oh dear we are travelling from there in december to new york....will definately do the online check in!!